Tyra Banks: New talk show

YRBB

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Reading the DC hyenafest over this announcement amused me, because for all their blind panic over this show replacing GH (and boy are they terrified), this show is exactly the type of show they would normally get giddy over (and I have a feeling they will be getting giddy over it, especially if GH is canned and they have less to post about). My favorite part was mocking the show for having a producer who'd been involved in Tyra's previous, canceled show. They said it's not just soaps who reward people for that type of thing. And it cracked me up, because "Cartini," the best and brightest and hottest pieces of ass ever, were also directly involved in a show that they helped get canceled. Yet no one at DC objected to their joining GH. No one.

• Members

Didn't Tyra and company end her last show on their own volition? Maybe that was just spin, but I got the impression that the show was not cancelled. At any rate, I agree that her show could be quite good at times. I particularly appreciated the open discussions of colorism/self-hate. I thought she did a nice job of handling certain taboo topics with respect when things could have easily slipped into late Ricki Lake-type self-parody. There were some doozies though, and generally speaking, I can only take but so much Tyra. That woman can redirect any conversation back to herself, that big head is literal and figurative.

• Members

Did she get cancelled, or did she leave? I remember she said she was leaving to pursue "other dreams" or something along those lines.... but we never really saw her do anything. Unless, if you count writing those books what she wanted to leave the show for.

Archived