Cristela: Discussion Thread

• Administrator

Cristela: Discussion Thread

CRISTELA - In her sixth year of law school, Cristela (Cristela Alonzo) is finally on the brink of landing her first big (unpaid) internship at a prestigious law firm. The only problem is that her pursuit of success is more ambitious than her traditional Mexican-American family thinks is appropriate. She’s stuck straddling the old culture she’s trying to modernize at home with her working-class family and the modern world she’s trying to embrace in her professional career. Breakout comedian Cristela Alonzo stars in this hilarious comedy about laughing your way down the path to the new American dream.

“Cristela” stars Cristela Alonzo as Cristela, Carlos Ponce as Felix, Terri Hoyos as Natalia, Andrew Leeds as Josh and Sam McMurray as Trent. “Cristela” was written by Cristela Alonzo and Kevin Hench. Executive producers are Kevin Hench, Marty Adelstein, Becky Clements and Shawn Levy. “Cristela” is produced by 20th Century Fox Television.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 8 months later...
  • Members

I read that CA is appearing this week on GH as ADA Natalia Rodriguez. I wonder if she gets a GH cameo on her show, as well. Cristela is entertaining in this show. She was also good as a co host on The View. I hope this show sticks around, it's a good TGIF comedy. Just cute enough...

• Members

It's grown on me. I felt they tried a little too hard at the punchlines early on but it's starting to settle in. I've enjoyed it. Nice little fluff sitcom. Fits decently with Last Man Standing. The demo for the show is bad and loses a couple million from LMS so it's probably a toss up for renewal. I don't see how it's any better or worse than Reba's sitcom. They really should have kept that one, launched Cristela, moved Reba to 9 and launched a show at 9:30 (Henry Winkler was supposed to have a sitcom that never got the light of day). I also have to wonder if Shark Tank on Tuesday's (where it gets similar ratings to Friday) is a test. Tuesday's have been tough for ABC to schedule. SHIELD is sinking. I'm curious to see how Fresh off the Boat does without being cushioned. I liked the show and hope it can be it's own little self-starter like The Golbergs and Last Man Standing were. ABC definitely has a very nice breed of sitcoms. I think they need to cool it though as they will begin to oversaturate themselves.

Cristela has been good on the View.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

Weren't Lear and Sony developing a Hispanic All in the Family?

I like Cristela. The show was just too basic. It started to come into it's own but in the beginning it was just trying too hard and was too formulaic.

I think Dr. Ken and Uncle Buck will also flop on Friday. I think all they care about is getting LMS to syndication. What follows them never lasts.

Archived