Empire: Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It seemed like he was around him the most. I mean we did get that one look into him and Andre singing that one song when Dre was a kid.  THen I liked when Lucious would be singing and they'd show a young Mal singing the words with him.

ALso, WTF Hakeem? I could not stop laughing at his I'm going to tell Mom. Cookie calling each and every one of them Boy and then when Jamal kicked the all out of the house, how he was like This isn't even your house!

I need Lola to come back.

• Members

The time shifted numbers for the premiere are gonna be incredible so they're just fine. I'm predicting 3 million for L+3 and 2 million for L+7, so around 21 million. FOX is very happy right now, especially since Monday and Tuesday were utter failures.

• Administrator

I'm glad Chris Rock was only in 1 episode.  He was terrible playing a bad guy, he's just not believable.  It's like Adam Sandler playing a serious villain.  LOL

Annika and Mimi had sex? And we didn't get to see it?  Damn! :(

Nice start for Empire in the ratings! I could see it reaching 20 million viewers for the mid-season finale, winter premiere, or season finale. 

• Members

I didn't enjoy the premier as much as I wanted to. The problem of too much happening in one episode is still there and in some ways is worse than ever. Mimi's double cross could have been so much more effective had it been done over several episodes. 

Why isn't Rhonda looking pregnant? Did I miss seeing a baby bump? 

The Cookie/Luscious prison scenes were definitely the best and Cookie's 'Tammy Faye' line to a hysterical Carol was also very good. 

They've made Jamal unlikeable and unrealistic. I know he's Lee Daniels' alter ego, but c'mon, they've gutted him like a fish. I didn't like seeing how he was with Michael - it was just mean and cruel. 

Finally, I did like that the credits have been changed so that Taraji is now credited identically to how Joan Collins was in Dynasty..."and Taraji P. Henson as Cookie"

Edited by DaytimeFan

• Members

Watched the premiere and I only really liked the ending where Cookie slaps Jamal twice.  These actors are really good with drama and I wish that were showcased more.  I really didn't appreciate seeing Porsha tell someone on the phone that she needed to take a bowel movement.  It was more buffoonery than I needed to see.

• Members

Lucious's singing is still SO hilarious, though omg. I am CRYING in here.

Snitch, bitch, snitchin' ass bitch!

I just can't praise tonight's episode enough! One of my all-time favorite soap tropes is the good old-fashioned "circling the wagon" scene, and Cookie, Andre, Hakeem, and Anika are bringing it tonight.

Andre got middle child syndrome without being the middle child.

Dynasty vs. Empire! Let's get it!

Edited by All My Shadows