Empire: Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I really like Michelle and Andre too. I really like their chemistry together. I also thought that the Andre turning to faith could have been an interesting storyline, I actually think he could have fit in that area. Not sure how everything will play out now with Rhonda killing Vernon, her and Andre covering that up and her being pregnant. I think that the cover-up with her and Andre, and the pregnancy could ultimately bring them closer together. I am interested in seeing how things work out with Andre next season.

Also I think that having Anika scheme with the others is a good way to keep her on the show. Other than or having her end up pregnant, I'm not sure how they would have kept her on the show. Because she's not someone that any of the other characters loves. Plus I don't think she's 100% pure villian, so I don't think they could have kept her around in a super villian role either. But having her scheme with the others works, and makes her useful, which will help keep her around longer.

I am looking forward to see what Lucious does next season. I thought he was wonderfully entertaining last night. I loved that laugh he gave after he found out he wasn't dying. I had figured if they were going to keep him around, they might do something like say he was misdiagnosed. I had figured that would have been the best way to keep him around.

I like that him and Jamal have come together. I have always believed he loves Jamal, in spite of their differences. I think throughout this season he has shown in various ways his affection for him. I believe that Jamal is a lot like Lucious and I could see why Lucious would want him to run the company. (Even though I would have been fine with Lucious letting all his sons help run the company.)

Also I enjoyed seeing Ms. Labelle last night. She was getting it on that TImberland track.

Edited by xtr

• Members

I don't trust Rhonda. I see her turning on Dre when the truth comes out. I can see her saying she saw him beating Vernon and his bruises from that day which people saw would support. In a rage, Dre killed Vernon and forced her to cover it up. She'll use him being bipolar to make him take the fall as she sets him up to go to jail, divorce him and take his piece of Empire

• Members

Let's not call him Jamal any longer. Lee will be more than sufficient because everything this character does is about Lee and what he went through as a young gay man. Its also showing his wildest dreams as a gay man. I'm no sissy, and I can roll with the best of them. I can face off with gun men and attempt to throw gangsters off buildings. I can also get up on stage with tired rappers and show that gay people can rap too. Ugh! I'm so [!@#$%^&*] tired of this crap with this character! How anyone gets any enjoyment watching him is beyond me. Lee is best in scenes performing with the other characters. Lee and Hakeem are gold! Lee and Lucious were amazing in that duet last night. Outside of that, Lee is "change the freaking channel" material. I just can't stand it!

Edited by ChitHappens

• Members

Yeah the rap battle scene was the most unrealistic thing I've seen done with Jamal.

Let me go watch the finale again. I love when Dwight realized he wasn't dying he laughed, when Cookie opened her box it was a pillow, and when Dwight was being carted off to jail he told Jamal to perform their song.

Also Taraji slayed in that red dress.

I also just realized that Vernon snitched on Dwight on his own. He went into the FBI station to tell on him that's why he went to see Andre. I don't think the others were involved.

Andre's face when Agent Carter said Vernon was their primary witness.

enhanced-4722-1421089124-14.jpg

ETA: Empire got a 10.4/17 at 8pm and 11.2/17 at 9pm in households. So it officially went up every episode this season. Another record for them! Now I'm waiting on those viewers and demos.

Edited by Eric83

• Members

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/ratings-foxs-empire-caps-amazing-first-season-with-record-highs-wednesday-1201456077/

Just for reading pleasure.

And #Empire blew its social numbers out of the water last night. 2.4 million tweets during the finale! THANK YOU!!! 1f389.png1f44f.png

Among women 18-34, #EmpireFinale notched a 7.6 rating and a stunning 27 share. Among women 18-49, it did an 8.0 rating and 24 share.

Edited by ChitHappens

• Members

Do you think Lee can run the company without Andre business knowledge.

Cookie had a good idea & that was to start they own company. & let Lucious & Jamal do their own thing. Cookie would have Andre the business man, Hakeem the artist, Anika the A&R. they probably can bring along Tiana, Black Rambo, Elle Dallas, & a few other artist along.