Empire: Discussion Thread

• Members

Joe Adalian ‏@TVMoJoe 2m2 minutes ago

Ah! Looks like Fox (and Nielsen) will treat the final hour of #EmpireFinale as the "finale"-- not the two-hour average.

0 Reply

Good! I hate when double episodes are counted together and averaged. With this Episode 11 had a 6.0 and Episode 12 had a 6.8.... And they still may get adjusted up. That 3.8 and 9.9 million viewers seem so minuscule now lmao.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Lee CANNOT run that company without Andre's financial brilliance but that won't stop Daniels from trying. Picture it. A board member vetoes something, and Lee jumps up in his face and says "I may be gay, but I can run a Conglomerate". Schooling be damned! So tiresome!

I agree! Those were 2 separate eppies! The finale was only one hour!

Edited by ChitHappens

• Members

Update: FOX ordered fast final ratings. Empire rose to a 6.5 adults 18-49 rating from 8-10PM, with the 8-9PM hour earning a 6.1 adults 18-49 rating and the 9-10PM hour earning a 6.9, just a tenth below the 7.0 adults 18-49 rating for Sunday's episode of The Walking Dead.

• Administrator

I really like the show but the pacing and how fast things move is keeping me from loving the show. Like in the 2 hour finale, Andre already turned his back on the church; Rhonda moved out in one scene and then the next scene we see her she's telling Andre wants to come back because she's pregnant; no lead up to Anika and Hakeem hooking up and no follow up from that either (it went to commercial after that scene), etc, etc.

I'm so over Jamal. That rap battle scene and him threatening to throw Baretti off the building were the worst. And then we see him running a business? Come on.

I'm going to give season one a pass for so many plots at lightning speed.

• Members

I did a re-watch after I straightened out a bit and the show actually confused me more. These two episodes contained a full season's worth of stories and I spent half the time going "Wait, how long has Andre been out of the hospital?" "Why is Rhonda leaving him now?" "Where did Hakeem and Anika come from?" "Did Lucious change his mind about Jamal overnight?" "When the [!@#$%^&*] did Vernon go to rehab?!" and "Who the !@#$%^&*] is Black Rambo?"

Empire wants to be a soap so it needs to learn from one of the genre's biggest mistakes: too many plot points without enough follow through makes it harder to invest because it lowers the stakes.

Edited by marceline

• Members

If JamaLee wants to shout from the rooftop he is gay, I'm good. The problem is, Daniels is overcompensating here, and its a turn off. He's forcing us to love Gay Jamal as opposed to allowing us to just like Jamal because he's a cool character. Currently, I loathe the sight of him unless he's performing with other characters.