Empire: Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Aww hell naw. I thought we had a connection. I thought we stood together for the betterment of the family. I looked as you as the head of the Andre harem. And you gonna turn your back on me?! OK, love. :P

When Eric strays back, and he will, I am gonna scheme to help him snatch Andre from underneath you. That's if Prince does not emerge victorious first.

And Eric, didn't we go through this with Varun. See I guess I am gonna have to show you that:

VIBE-Vixen-Joseline-Hernandez-Gif1.gif

• Members

A lot happened in this episode. I'll have to watch it again. I felt more sorry for Hakeem in this episode than I did in the last, even though he made his encounter with Jamal and Cookie work for him later on.

I think Courtney Love looks and sounds rough, but I feel bad for thinking that. She's one of those people who is fortunate, but life has still dealt her a hard hand.

I like Rhonda a little less for taking pleasure in seeing the family torn apart. I guess you need this kind of character, but she doesn't seem to have a good side to mitigate her nasty.

Glad that whomever (yes, I know. Trying not to spoil for others though) is that child's father clearly didn't know beforehand. I didn't want to lose respect for that person.

• Members

So much to cover! Taraji! Taraji! Taraji! How much can I praise thee? This woman is teaching a class on how to add layers to a character! Good gracious!

Finally figured out what was bothering me about the character of Anika as a foil to Cookie....I have a hard time accepting that a woman would take so much pleasure at the state of Hakeem and Cookie's relationship. It just comes off as completely self-serving to me. It's unpleasant to watch and not in a fun delicious soapy way like Alexis and Crystal of Dynasty or Sue Ellen and Pam of Dallas. I think Grace struggles to keep up with Taraji which doesn't help either. I hope she grows. It's my only sore spot.

Everything else I love. Line of the day, "Anika this is an ass!" Cookie is batting 3 for 3 now with Andre, Tianna and now Elle. Damn it looks bad for Anika to be head of A&R these days.

Vernon/Andre/Rhonda. This is like the silent unholy triumvirate. In a way, this trio works. Great character building moment by having Ande admit that he has always covered for his father. Maybe this is what led to the demise of his artistic expression he demonstrated in the flashback. I continue to like Rhonda. I get why she would celebrate the demise of the Lyon family. Andre would walk away with the spoils and they'd start their new dynasty.

Jamal and Michael. I'm actually glad Jamal didn't come out yet. They should save that for as long as possible. Lawdy, Cookie is a grandma! She was too fierce working her different ensembles.

Great guest stars this week who really added to show! Dear Cookie, please jump Derek Luke character's bones so that I may live vicariously through you.