Empire: Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

At times Hakeem pisses me off, but then I remember that he never really knew his mother, so it's no wonder he is rude to her. Lucious raised him and he was the baby of the family, so it's no wonder he seems like the favorite. The other kids were also poor for awhile, but Hakeem didn't experience that, which is why he comes off as a bit spoiled and entitled. You can see that he loves his father and brother though, so that makes him more likable to me.

• Members

But it won't be because he is gay. And that makes all the difference. I like how they are going to show their relationship break. And I don't mind siblings fighting and feuding. This is a soap and that is a soap's bread and butter. They will fight over business. That's alright in my book

• Members

I feel like this episode was designed to establish what kind of character Hakeem is just like the pilot was about establishing Jamal. I'm sure the next one will give us a good hard look at Andre. I'm looking forward to learning more about him and Rhonda.

One of the things that has impressed me about this show is how it makes me want to learn more about everybody on it. Not just the Lyons but Becky and Rhonda and Jamal's boyfriend. I want to know how everybody on this show ended up where they are.

• Members

Back on Rhonda and Andre. An idea I threw out that no one picked up.

That thing with the bib and whatnot and the way he quickly gave in when she unzipped his pants. And her squeezing his testicles at the club along with people saying they were going to the bathroom to have sex and are always having sex. I wonder if sex isn't her way of torturing him when he does wrong and not just manipulation. Who thinks that they might be have an S&M relationship? I just think all their interactions are...odd (forgive my use of the word. It's no insult to those who engage in that lifestyle. I just couldn't think of another word to describe what was going on). It's a power struggle going on with them. My spidey senses are tingling.

• Members

Bipolar is when you cycle between extreme highs (mania) and extreme lows (depression). Andre's giddiness and talking about himself in the third person - which is a form of something called depersonalization - was an example of mania beginning to set in. The fact that Rhonda is so adamant about keeping him on his meds makes me wonder just how bad he gets.

Edited by marceline