Cassie Lookalike Identity Revealed on Tuesday's 'The Young and the Restless'

• Members

In TPTB's defense, they never outright said Mariah was AA. However, they did imply that she was.

I just think that Sony wants out of daytime. They seem to want the show to fail. They haven't done one thing in the last two years that made me think that they are serious about keeping this show on the air.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Frankly, I don't mind Devon not having a love interest, b/c I don't think Bryton could pull it off. But MiM deserves better than to be paired on-screen with KSJ, who is just so wooden and unintelligent as an actor.

• Members

I disagree that Hilary is out of Devon's league. It's not like she is some big time executive with a long career and accomplishments. She is an assistant (not even a Jr Executive like Noah and Kyle) and the writing has made a point of stating just how low on the totem pole she actually is. What does she have going for herself but looks and an education? Nothing else. Not just that, but MiM looks just as young he BJ, which is why folks are in an uproar over her pairing with KSJ.

I don't think the audience will like Devon spending Kay's money, that most don't want him to have, on anyone. They hated him doing it for Esme, I don't see him spending all kinds of money on Mariah going over any differently. And I doubt that if TPTB want to sell Devon with a woman that they have him spending money lest she be called a gold digger.

KSJ is a 22 year vet of this show. IMO, he deserves better than MiM.

That's all well and good that you don't mind Devon never having a love interest. However, let's not pretend that him never having one is right. GR has had two and....

• Members

No, it isn't right that Devon hasn't had a strong love interest aside from Ms. Drop-In, Roxanne. Indeed, the whole thing smacks of racism. But it also isn't right that Devon, a character who has become important to the show thanks to some ridiculous retcons, has been played for so long by such a boring actor.

• Members

Boring is a matter of opinion. Personal tastes. But him not having a love interest is fact. And that is what I am dealing in right now. wink.png

ETA: Devon was important to the show as Neil and Dru's adopted child IMO. He didn't need to be Kay's bio grandson. Unless you are one of those who think that the Winters/Barbers are nobodies. Which I have never been.

• Members

Well, Vicky ain't coming back, and neither is Heather Tom. (Not that they would ever go there again if she did.) So, I'd rather they write Neil and Hillary off into the sunset together (and take Devon, Tyler, Lily, Leslie and Esme with them).

• Members

Of course we don't know what BJ can do. Whether he can or can't doesn't really matter to this discussion anyway.

Huh? What does that have to do with KSJ deserving better than an inappropriate pairing with a too young newbie?

Yeah. They appeared to be to me too. And this is not just my bias talking.

• Members

soaps are all about looks and symmetry, and Hilary is so far out of Devon's ballpark I can't even. I mean sure he's cute (and super rich now, so there's that...), but he's no Neil or Tyler. And the actors just aren't good enough to get you to look DEEPER. Everything is so... surface.

and I think audiences wouls EAT UP Devon spoiling their Cassie (regardless of what anyone says, this character will have NO edge. LOL She will be Cassie reborn to pander to the Nick/Sharon faithful), and that's pretty much what Mariah will be. Grown up Cassie, who they have missed for so long!

• Members

The Winters/Barbers are nobodies, b/c TPTB have made them that way. (Don't get it twisted, ajsp. I'm actually on your side in regards to this issue. Well, for the most part, anyway.)

You're saying KSJ deserves better than MiM, and believe it or not, I actually agree. In fact, I don't like either one of 'em. But I'm saying that the only times I have found KSJ as an actor (AA or otherwise) appealing and necessary to this show were whenever he was involved on-screen with Rowell and, briefly, with Heather Tom. Is he getting a raw deal in being paired with too-young MiM? Of course. But we, the viewers, keep getting screwed as well by a production company and network that has it in their heads that KSJ belongs on the show and has belonged on this show for 22 years. When, really, his bland-as-vanilla ass should've been shown the door eons ago.

• Members

Look, I'll just come right out and say it: the arguments put forth by ajsp and Chit (among others) in regards to how Y&R treats its' AA actors and characters are 100-percent spot-on correct. And Y&R (and Sony and CBS) should be ashamed of themselves for treating these actors this way. But that doesn't automatically mean I support the AA actors on this show just b/c they're Black and Y&R needs them. Yes, Y&R should be more inclusive in their storytelling and not relegate their AA actors to their own, exclusive "box" or do anything to undermine their value to the show, as some seem to think they've done by moving away from "Hevon" and going instead with a Neil/Hilary pairing. But you know something? As appalled as I am by the way this show has treated the AA actors, I think I'm more appalled by the fact that they hardly ever cast an AA actor who isn't mediocre and undeserving of any material thrown at them, let alone material as marginalized and WTF-inducing as what they're getting now.

Archived