Cassie Lookalike Identity Revealed on Tuesday's 'The Young and the Restless'

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Does she REALLY need to be redeemed though? I'm sure they will, because these modern soap writers are so basic, but she could be fabulous in the vein of a Betty Anderson or early Sami Brady type of schemer with a heart. Bill Bell would've had so much fun with her. She doesn't have to be a total nut.

• Members

pretty much this, and at least it FITS, if you think back, etc. It's not like it's totes out of nowhere.

i don't exactly know where they plan on going with this SL, tho. Because Abby/Tyler don't strike me as 'otp' material, nor does Tyler come across as a big enough deal for two girls to be fighting over. He barely even has a profile on the damn show. LOL

i assume Mariah will end up with Devon? Hmm.

• Members

Devon did say something about inviting Tyler and Abby out. I found it off because I didn't think that they socialized in that manner. Hmmm. This might be a way for Devon to get involved so that he can meet Mariah and be pulled into that triangle. I wouldn't mind that even if it is short lived until they recast Kyle because I just don't want to see Devon playing angst for Neil and Hilary's ill suited pairing.

• Members

Going by what another posters said, do you think this change in direction might have to do with pulling Devon into the Mariah/Tabby drama. I just assumed it was about Neil getting another pairing and KSJs contract stating he gets first dibs at every AA female (joking yet serious here). But maybe they decided to use Devon elsewhere and that's why they changed direction. I can see writers thinking that Mariah's entrance onto the canvas being top priority. Now if they do use Devon to form a quad, I doubt it lasts. I see a recast Kyle being perfect for Mariah as soon as they bring her into the Newman fold as an official member. Right now she is not connected but I see that they will make her eventually. While she is unconnected, Devon and/or Tyler will do.

• Members

Sadly I agree. I think it is more Sony than CBS or YR sad.png . Sony is just so hell bent on showing VR whose boss that the rest of the black cast members have been caught in the cross fire.

Assuming they actually do pull Devon into that Tabby/Mariah SL, I think that not wanting a popular AA pairing might also be one of the reasons that they decided to take that route. Agreed that Hevon were destined to be popular in a Neil/Dru kinda way. I am amazed that they seemed so well liked when they were given peanuts to work with. Oh well. After being stomach churningly upset all of yesterday, I have made my peace with never getting that. I am ready to move Devon on. The odds of his character being totally destroyed in pursuit of Nilary is too high. I would rather have him out of their orbit altogether. Let Lily and Lane prop Nilary until Barton Shelby is cast by some actor KSJs age and they pull both Leslie and Hilary into a quad with, not one but, TWO old men. I am willing to bet money that this guy will already know Hilary and be connected to Ian's cult.

Archived