Cassie Lookalike Identity Revealed on Tuesday's 'The Young and the Restless'

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I decided the other day that I was not going to do this again with the Winters, especially when the YR rep tried to treat us like idiots. I already know what's going on here.

YR writers don't have the skill or desire to pull Hillary out of this unscathed. She looks like a wishy washy fool. There's no way this was not an immediate change in direction! No way! But whatevs!

• Members

I didn't say Hilary. I am done with her. LOL. She can, and I suspect will, go the way the other women that Neil has bedded over the last 7 years. I think MiM is good but she isn't great. I just don't think that she has what it takes to rise above a long term pairing with KSJ. Now if they took her out of it and out of the Winters orbit completely then she would recover. Like I said, she is good. But I don't think this will happen. They will use her until they use her up on stories for Neil and send her on her way. Sony doesn't want a popular AA female lead. The Lily character is enough for them.

Beyond that, I am curious to see how long they let these two white chicks fight over Tyler and the fan reaction to it. LOL

• Members

It's just a matter of time before Tyler completely disappears from the story as Abby and Mariah become bitter enemies for no reason that is onscreen. This won't last long at all.

Hillary will be shackled to Neil until YR is satisfied that she means nothing to the audience but Tyler will quickly be removed from HIS triangle!

• Members

For me it is both. I have always loved Neil until I quit him the other day. LOL. I think that KSJ/Neil has earned the right to have a lasting romance with an appropriate woman. But they continue to ruin him with pairing after pairing where HE looks bad. Neil is the cad, the cheater. While Jack also has all these pairings, they all were appropriate and he was the injured party. He is the one who loves and treats women well while they betray him. This is why lots of people are rooting for him and Kelly and why most folks are hating Neil and Hilary. KSJ deserves better than this.

And I want Devon to have an onscreen romance. I think it is silly that he has never had one in 10 years. And the only reason why is because he is Black. If he were white, they would have used him better. Even if it was just as a foil for some of their other pairings that they wanted us to root for.

• Members

And do you think that will be until MiMs contract is up and they won't renew or she chooses not to renew. Or do you think that they will try to put her with someone else afterwards?

I can see Abby/Mariah becoming bitter enemies over this and continuing to fight after Tyler is long gone or involved with someone else completely. They will then find some other guy for them to fight over. Can't be Kyle or Noah though because they are both related to Abby. Maybe they will create a long lost Williams kid or Dylan's brother that he has NEVER mentioned. LOL

• Members

Oh no? But this is THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS -- where, apparently, the doppelganger of a long-dead white girl suddenly becomes the AA ex-fiancee of an AA graphic designer and marketing exec.

I swear, it's as if SONY and/or CBS wants this show to look stupid.

• Members

waiT, are people serious in thinking Hilary/Devon would have been a popular pairing? unsure.png Hilary is so far out of Devon's league it's not even funny - his billions be damned. It didn't fit and was forced beyond belief. (Y&R not trying a Hilary/Tyler/Abby triangle is a missed opportunity, imo! Hilary could offer the friction the pairing desperately NEEDS) Devon still looks like a damn CHILD which is why I think he would be PERFECT for Mariah/Cassie, because CG still looks soooo young herself. And I think the Tyler/Mariah baggage + Abby/Tyler are to prepare audiences for the Devon/Mariah coupling...

it will be a classic rich boy + poor girl SL. Devon is gonna be doing all kinds of crap to 'show off' and sweep her off ha feet (stuff he was probably supposed to do w/ Hilary, because she came from a poor background as well), and audiences are gonna eat it up, imo. Not to mention he'll understand her because of his own troubled background.

Devon/Mariah is soooo ripe for classic soap, saccharine, fairy tale crap.

the potential for this pairing... whistling.jpg

Archived