Unlocking a possible repressed memory

allmc2008

• Members

I came across an old school year book from 5th grade and people were commenting on things such as "You are funny" and "You spice up the class". That came across as a little weird as I remember myself as reserved and shy. I befriended someone from elementary school on Facebook who I hadn't seen in a decade and she even remembers me as being a bit obnoxious.

Furthermore, and this may be a little TMI, but I always had been romantically attracted towards women but sexually attracted toward more men but only some women. I have read that scenarios like that can be a result of a repressed sexual memory.

I have reason to believe that because there was a councilor at the school who was fired because he had a tendency of asking questions to us kids regarding are parents sex life. Almost everything he asked me dealt with sex. I distinctly remember around the 3rd grade I was in the school library and we looked at an encyclopedia and I was looking up the early Olympic games and there were nude men in the image. I don't remember anything after that except for him saying that was sexually inappropriate. As I said, he was fired because that is all he would bring up and he was trying to convince me, and other students, that are fathers were molesting us.

I am still not certain though. Are there any kind of therapeutic exercises that can help me remember my childhood? A form of meditation that you recommend? Thanks.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree about hypnosis, but you should find a therapist who can put you under. I'm sorry you had someone at school do that. It's terrible that he took advantage of childrens' trust. With that said, I think a lot of kids are happy when young but the pressures of adolescence cause depression and anxiety. I don't know what to say about sexual preferences as a result of sexual abuse. I think that, as well as repressed memories, are very speculative and not proven (but possible). I definitely think hypnosis is the way to go if you want to put your mind at ease.

Archived