Day Late And A Dollar Short...

ChitHappens

• Members

Did anyone catch this on Lifetime?

Starting out as an amazing movie, but then it just became depressing. McMillian has been hanging out with Perry, I see.

Kimberly Elise is perfection!

Vinessa Antoine (Jordan, GH) had a small role and she is really good.

Anika Noni Rose has some serious acting chops on her. She was so damn good.

Lyriq Bent is one hot [!@#$%^&*]!

Tichina Arnold - it's always a pleasure watching her, but I have yet to see her play a role where the character was not outright mean and nasty. Really.

Overall, this would have worked best as a limited series. It was just too much for 1 hour and 26 minutes. However, the performances were top notch! Severely above par!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was bawling. At the end. I think the photos from you know what (trying not to spoil people) were very powerful. Moreso than an actual scene with talking.

I was LMAO when Vi said she pushed Paris who then bumped Janelle and in turn messed her up when she was a kid.

• Members

The part where Janelle finds her husband with the daughter was ugh! However, KE outside the bedroom collapsing by the bannister was everything I need to see from an actress. No words, but stellar acting.

I thought in the beginning the husband was messing with the daughter, but then I dismissed it when he casually told the girl he would meet her in the car. I thought "naw, they have a good relationship", so that was a really good shocker.

Then McMillan just pours it on. She didn't let up and I felt so abused.

• Members

KE was giving me so many feels. I loved when she was all Mamma's awake. You can tell she was the youngest.

See, I agree. But when Vi was all, you better find out what's wrong at home. It made me suspect the husband even more. I was like, NOW I understand why she wanted to go to boarding school.

• Members

Some of McMillan's messages made me cringe. The one that immediately comes to mind is that Charlotte, who was mean as !@#$%^&*], should appreciate that her husband is taking care of his son - most men wouldn't. Bitch, please! This dude cheated 10 years ago and sired a child. He gets no props for taking care of that child, and his wife should not feel grateful that she "won" such a wonderful man who takes care of his responsibilities. Who wants to be constantly reminded that their husband was unfaithful?!

Archived