Closest turnover time between recasts

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In 1986, when Marley and Jake were married on Another World, Ellen Wheeler played Marley in the scene where she threw the wedding bouquet. This was her last scene as she and Tom Eplin were leaving the show. The bouquet was caught by Rhonda Lewin who briefly played Marley's identical twin Victoria before Anne Heche took over the roles in 1987. Wheeler and Lewin never appeared together on the show.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

My sister, a HUGE DAYS fan at the time, was so upset at this scene!! She had a huge crush on Mark Valley and even though she knew it was choice to leave, wanted him to have a decent sendoff. Nothing personal against Steve Wilder, but he was definitely one of the worst recasts I've ever seen (and needless to say, sis did not like his take on Jack at all). I think he lasted only a few months before Jack, Jen and Abby were written off (and this is when Stephanie Cameron was still playing Jen).

• Members

I can't even remember -- it was 11 (!) years ago when SN started re-running AW. I watched from the start but idr if there was any Rhonda Lewin Vicki? I don't think there was? I think it was only Anne Heche Vicki and she was surprisingly green at the start, and it took a while for her to get better (though she did get better.)

Archived