GH: casting news Rick Hearst is back

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Rick Hearst wasn't fired from every soap he worked on, he chose to leave Guiding Light in 1996.

That being said I like Rick, but I can understand the reservations regarding the character because of everything he did.

• Members

You could take the entire casts of "Earthquake," "The Towering Inferno," "The Poseidon Adventure," and "Airport" and all those sequels, trap them together in the same star-studded disaster flick (presumably one where they meet the Harlem Globetrotters), and it STILL wouldn't feel as bloated or top-heavy as the current cast of GH. This show just has too many damn people. In fact, it ain't even a show anymore. It's more like Francesca and Veronica's take on the classic crowded cabin scene in the Marx Brothers' "A Night at the Opera." (YT it if you haven't a clue what I'm talkin' 'bout.)

• Members

Yes I am calling him charisma challenged. I am sure we will all be reconvening in this thread in about six months where there will be a litany of posts along the lines of " these no talent writers didn't know how to write for someone as good as him. " and "the producers wasted him, they didn't know how to utilize his talent" .

and of course that will put them in good company: every writer and producer ever born. The guy is a waste of time. He may have talent, and that is a maybe, but with his anti-screen presence and zero romantic energy about him, his talent is worthless and useless. As for his looks, well there is his terrible hair dye jobs to speak of, and his uber moobs. I guess there is that.

• Members

I was waiting for your post on this qfan.

I have mixed feelings on Rick Hearst - to me he's always been a little too whiny and smarmy as an actor, but he does have some charisma and talent when focused. He's also very handsome.

I just don't see a role for Ric. I don't give a [!@#$%^&*] about Molly, who has been a huge flop with viewers and has served no story purpose. I don't care about him meddling in her love life. I don't care about his relationship with Sonny, and I have no time for the fanfic fantasies of various people who hate Sonny teaming up or "winning." That will never happen.

So that leaves his relationship with Liz - and since when do they write for Liz - or some shady lawyer role, which is what Scott is already doing.

• Members

I liked Ric despite the panic room and other sick stuff he did but I grew tired of his pick me, choose me, love me crap with Sonny. By the time he stepped in the elevator to leave, I was fine with it since Guza only had loser brother, Sason villain stories for him. I find the men in his family...Sonny, Dante, Michael, Morgan to be Zzzz and limited in acting so I don't mind Ric/RH being around.

• Members

I think Frank and Ron hurriedly trying to remodel Hailey Pullos and Molly into an all-things-to-all-people teen queen a la Starr Manning was a horrible disaster, and I don't think she's suited for that kind of story. But she is clearly talented - she shows more spirit in that ad during the commercial breaks than on the show - and if they stopped giving her forced, overnight-romance teen dreck with Rafe and Taylor (not counting T.J., who is another very talented, very wasted young actor, but his story sucks) and gave her something real with some depth I think she'd do well. Hence, I'm here for her running afoul of her crazy, very manipulative father. That's something organic, and Ric's twisted depths are vast and insidious.

• Members

And big pecs..dont forget those...lol...he gives Chandler Massey a run for his money on pecs...hehe

I congratulated him last night on Twitter on his return to daytime. He made a comment on how his twitter page was dead and now that he was hired on GH its on fire.....lol

Archived