Former OLTL Co-Hw sues ABC

• Members

Typically, the writers did/do not have copyright claim to characters that were created during their HW duties, so whoever agreed to this arrangement is an idiot.

Even if this contract differs, it still would be a contract between ABC and Hall, which seems like it shouldn't apply to PP airing the shows, but I find it funny if ABC gets stuck with the bill for not realizing outstanding contracts with previous writers.

While I don't see either show coming back, this could definitely be another issue for OLTL to make it back to the air/internet waves.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I obtained a copy of the exhibit from NY courts. It's Sam's contract for Headwriter.

Fascinating! I think his co-head writer was Henry Slesar.

To retrieve the contract, go to this link and type in the court index number: 650041-2014. You will find the contract; it's exhibit A to the complaint

http://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/iscroll/

• Members

If there are more odd ball contracts/agreements like this I wonder if part of the reason why ABC chose to cancel these shows was simply to end these agreements.

Part of the reason why ABC tried to Sabotage OLTL's online sucess (Refusing to air adds, refusing to give PP URL's) could be to end this particular contract. Although, ABC may not be the ones who currently owe him the money perhaps they knew Sam Hall would assume they do.

Archived