Y&R: January 2014 Discussion Thread

• Members

Contrast with the drug-related umbrella SL that Days of our Lives is putting on the screen right now, stories that actually have the ring of truth about them, the groundwork for which has been laid over the past year and longer. This Y&R insta-plot just looks so shabby next to that. If Y&R can't invest in the story, why should we?

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That looks like Miller in the still to me.

I can't imagine how they're going to close that story out so fast.

In other news, just about everything on this show sucks. I don't know what Kelly does but her office looks like it's at the state prison.

• Members

They are really flubbing the dialoque on this show - Abby and Tyler, Dylan and Avery... They are throwing stupid monkeywrenches into scenes that should be seamless. Dylan leaving Avery during the "NYE" dinner she planned for him - stupid. I've already complained about the Tyler and Abby conversation after their first trip to LA. I felt it again listening to Lauren and Neil's convo on today's show. Stop trying to reinvent the wheel. Stop throwing so many barricades into the flow of the show. Let it flow. Let things take a natural progression. It is so frustrating. This is not Y&R quality writing. Not even close. Altman and Passante are going to kill this show.

• Members

Why is Avery unloading all this information about her past with Dullan to Leslie?

She only came over to pick up some legal papers which Avery failed to read because she was busy trying to impress Dullan. Leslie didn't even act like she cared when Avery took her trip down memory lane.

Archived