Another Y&R actor out??

• Members

And we wonder why the "mainstream media" and such rarely takes us seriously? I mean, I'm sure people were pissed Rhoda and Joe got a divorce, but I doubt anyone picketed outside CBS in order to keep David Groh from leaving the show. Know what I mean?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My favorite fan defense of that was, "Well, I don't believe Ashley was really pregnant anyway! She was too old!"

Followed by, "He didn't mean to make her lose the baby!" (which is why he stalked her when she was pregnant and when he put newspaper clippings in her purse when she was bleeding at the hospital)

The story was disgusting trash, an all time low. They even had a man who had a history of molesting his patients while unconscious brought in to "examine" Ashley when she had passed out post-miscarriage.

• Members

Some people tend to forgive a story if they want to have sex with the actor.

This really was a big defense at the time. It was a hysterical pregnancy! We never actually saw him do anything! And she's such a bitch anyway (even though she'd actually been very kind to Adam), who cares!

This was around the time he was jabbing needles into his eyes and seducing dumb twinks for free legal help.

Going back to defending actors, I would like to believe no matter how much I liked an actor or actress, I wouldn't minimize or downplay accusations like these.

I'm not going to assume the accusations about MM are true. We just don't know. But just as we can't say they are true, it's also not fair for people to go around attacking other cast members or Hunter King, because keyboard warriors need validation.

• Members

Yep. The writers were sick, sick, sick. I really don't blame CE for leaving between those beats and then having him have sex with Rafe - it was all done for twisted shock value - there was really no basis in character to do these horrible things. Y&R was fortunate to have both CE and MM, who both somehow were able to make Adam a fan favorite despite all the horrible things done to the character. I can understand having Adam hate Victor, but he was raised by Hope something the writers rarely tap in terms of the character's humanity.

• Members
Another fan defense was bringing up all of the sins other male characters from Y&R and other soaps. Kevin, Michael, and Victor were the ones named from Y&R, EJ (Days), Roger (GL), Sonny (GH), and Todd (OLTL), were the ones named from other soaps that did horrible things and were still kept on canvas as romantic leads.

Archived