Y&R: Return?

• Members

I get the feeling that this is all about Lane...well mostly giving Cane story and airtime because right now he has nothing to do...and Lily never did so...

And it kills two birds with one stone. It gives JW what she wants (I read an interview where she wanted him back) and gives Jill real ties to Cane.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Tristan Rogers and Walton had great chemistry and it's a shame the whole character of Colin and Rogers ended up being wasted in the end for some dreadful nonsensical story under MAB. Actually I thought maybe Rogers should have been Tucker but that's a different story at altogether.

• Members

Was he truly blindsided? Or is he shifting blame and trying to mitigate any potential backlash against him? I've seen a few instances of him throwing actors under the bus while he dodges and runs for cover.

Pleading ignorance on his part just sounds like a great way to dodge complaints about not utilizing a popular character/actor.

• Members

I got bitched out by Jamey Giddens on DC about this but why didnt ABC put TR in a six month deal with a small gurantee for like 2 shows a week. Damn then Cartini wouldt hav to alter scrits

I said that on DC and G is like Cartini saved GH and knows how to run soaps ulike Jeff K at PP who failed twice. Which was a dig at me for supporting PP with AMC & OLTL I gather

I just dont get why some are crowned King & others get vbitched at for the same stuff the kings do.

• Members

I don't think anybody did anything wrong here. They went with recurring and he got another gig. He may also not have known GH was writing a story involving his character heavily. He may also have thought he could do both. Or y&r is offering him more or a better deal and he took the job. I hate that Robert isn't going to be on GH. Maybe they should give him a deal if they want to use him.

• Members

Absolutely! And I'd like to amend my initial statement. A recurring character can't possibly blindside a show, especially when the alleged story is 4 months down the road.

Exactly! Lock TR in if he's so critical to February sweeps!

Why anyone pays attention to Giddens these days is completely beyond me!

• Members

First of all, JG needs to have several seats.

That said, I loved TR as Colin during MAB on Y&R. I confess to being a late, but great fan of Jill's growing up so anything that puts her into the spotlight is all right with me. So much chemistry. So much possibilities. I'm all for it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

More BS Tweets about how could TR leave GH for YR

Ain't it great 2 C Luke & #TonyGeary get their swagger back? LUVd the Luke-Robert reunion! WHY @tristanrogers WHY??? @GeneralHospital #GH50

1. @TVGMLogan for a lame-ass role at that.

2. @jillianbowe @TVGMLogan it gives Jess something to do, but c'mon. I am not about that life called Colin's World.

3. @BuzzWorthyRadio @TVGMLogan You don't NEED COLIN to give Jill/Jess stuff to do. #GetWithThatBullShit

4. @jillianbowe @TVGMLogan It's true. That is what he is here for. They don't know how to give Jess/Jill a story BUT to bring Colin back.

5. @jillianbowe @TVGMLogan Not to mention the fact this will give her more reason to fawn over her non-son, Cane. GMAFB.

Archived