Is JFP the most Evil woman in daytime?

• Members

What AJSP said, and no one character kills a show (unless you're Adam Newman). GL was not very sturdy when Maureen was killed, and the show should have recovered after that, but the TIIC didn't do their jobs. What if an actor dies? The show would recover, right? The follow thru and the lives of the characters after Maureen's death were poorly done. The Bauers became nothing, and that appears to be what they were going for.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Maureen's death definitely damaged GL for me, although to be honest it was a million decisions JFP made. In terms of unraveling, I would put that on P&G putting the Bauer family through the woodchipper in 1983-1984.

The hyperbole in this makes me very hesitant. I feel like it actually detracts from JFP's flaws and strengths as a producer. I feel like this genre has too many people who turn producers and writers into saints or into complete gutter trash. And it's one of the things that has taken a toll on soap journalism and soap fan conversation.

• Members

I disagree. For any competent executive, every decisions is tied to the bottom line. Take for example, the decision to kill Cassie. That was done because TPTB wanted Nick and Sharon to be seen as young and more viable. Why would them being seen as young and more viable matter? Catering to the target audience for marketers. In other words, the bottom line.

• Members

Whether we think it's bad or good, it's nonetheless a management decision. An ordinary team writer could not make that decision.

Any character should be able to be killed off, but certain characters who are offed require a certain amount of care. GL didn't do that with MB because her death was just a way to get rid of the Bauers.

• Members

I think I heard that on a podcast on daytime confidential. It definitely didn't spring unbidden from my own brain if that is what you are thinking. lol. I also heard on a daytime confidential podcast that Brad was killed for budget reasons (it was suppose to be him or Paul and they chose him). Sorry I can't cite you a better source or article for it though. Even if I could, I don't think it would matter one way or the other in the grand scheme of this discussion.

• Members

I remember another one of JFPS evil doing she took lesli Kay off contract at ATWT. She then stated that Gh would never be her place to shine and it was in gods hands of she would continue. She quickly was terminated by JFP after she gave birth. This woman is too much

I meant Gh not ATwt in last post.

• Members

It always helps to cite creditable, accurate, verifiable sources in supporting or advancing a position. We get a lot of "I've heard" or "I read it somewhere" responses when posters are asked for specifics to comments they've made (when the truth is, some are just shooting the sh*t to make it sound like they're in the know). Also, I enjoy the Daytime Confidential podcasts as much as anyone, but a lot of times they're talking to hear themselves talk, or trying to be outrageous, when they have no real inside knowledge of what they claim. So citing the DC podcast without any specifics as to how they acquired the information only makes me ask again: why ws Cassie was really killed off, is what you're claiming or some other reason?

• Members

no it means she's a bitch and we've heard enough from various sources to know this is true.

I'm amazed at those who try to act like she's so misunderstood LOL!!!!!

I'm sure the actress on Another World who played Frankie who thanks to JFP was brutally murdered in probably one of the most unbelievably over the top death's ever on soaps would agree she's a bitch lol

Archived