Y&R: Josh Morrow interview

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't know why TPTB decided to make Summer a human ping pong. It was one thing if Summer had turned out to be Jack (why else would they recast with an actor who bears a resemblance to HK??) because given the history, it had a certain logic but then to turn around and have a barely coherent Sharon somehow maneuver the results (according to what I've seen Sharon didn't simply change the letter, it's been mentioned over and over that she changed the results, which makes no sense-- have we ever even see Sharon on a computer?), seems like a huge hole in plot and makes little sense.

At this point, I'm fatigued of the entire conceit that I no longer care to whom Summer belongs. There is no one to root for on this show anymore. Maybe Tracy, whom we never see.

• Members

I can't recall, but did Phyllis pay someone to change the DNA test with Daniel or did she work in a lab or something like that? I'm sure the writers were going for some type of "irony" with this happening to Phyllis and to "bookend" her story, but having Sharon do is still completely unreal. Others like Victor, who despite having the power, would never send his granddaughter to Jack or Adam, well, he is Adam, but it would open the door to Schick, would have been far more believable. Phyllis was clever and scheming and Sharon has never been established as that type of character. The writers never gave her brains. I still don't get why they started this story, if only to undo it quickly. Defies logic on every front.

• Members

I just find the whole Sharon thing so offensive. I have people in my family who suffer from manic depression and they don't run around destroying people's lives every time they stop taking their meds. This whole "we'll have Sharon do whatever we need her to do to advance the plot and then blame it on her meds" business needs to stop. It is offensive and insensitive to anyone who suffers from/knows someone who suffers from the disease.

• Members

MAJOR +1. Same situation here and,the getting off meds doesn't lead to these intricate plots. Plus, Sharon looks darned good - like when she visited Phyllis on Friday. If they're going down this path, have Sharon take a downward spiral - in her appearance, etc. The soaps have tackled alcoholism in this manner and some great stories and education has come from it. Why not mental illness? Use it as an opportunity to the educate people about mental illness, how it can be managed and how people can live full and productive lives, but it's a constant struggle.

• Members

Phyllis worked in a lab and was known for being very nifty with computers even before she started working for Jabot. Phyllis altered the DNA results to make it appear as if Danny was Daniel's biological father. Her fellow lab worker Sasha Green threatened to expose her and wound up being killed in a fire in the lab shortly afterwards. That crime remains unsolved. Phyllis was known to be very clever at hacking into systems but Sharon was never shown to be that clever-- like I said, I never even remember her using a computer.

Archived