GH50: Discussion Week of June 24th...

• Members

I was disappointed with Ava and Carly's interaction too. LW has been on fire lately. In a good way. I've quite enjoyed Carly to be honest. It's been a long time since I could say that.

The whole Michael/Kiki/Morgan stuff is just ridiculous. Morgan looks so dumb constantly yapping about that. It's like his life revolves around being jealous of what's not even there. Such bad writing. We all know where it's headed.

I agree. It's painful to watch RH try and play FrankenTodd. His hair does seem blonder each time. I know I missed something so why are Ava and Franco now all kissy with each other? I admit to not always paying attention to either of them so ... what did I miss?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That pathetic attempt at "see, we like black people and we write for them" was REEEEEEdiculous! I don't care if Destiny's mother was blue-black, there is no way Greg was her father - PERIOD! It was just a half baked exit story. I tuned in for Greg and Rachel, and 2 weeks later, they were done?! WTF! Couldn't even get a love scene, but Craptini didn't hesitate to give Kish one :(

• Members

The worst part about that at the time, IMO, was Ron didn't seem to realize that it was worse if he'd actually planned that debacle. I mean why would he want anyone to believe he'd given it actual consideration and build, and that was the best he could do? But then later, after watching stories he really had planned, I realized it didn't make any difference. Those stories were equally poorly developed and executed as the [!@#$%^&*] he puts together on the fly.

• Members

I was watching the episode where Molly learned about TJ/Taylor and there was so much fake acting that just kept taking me out of everything. This is what people see and think of soaps as dumb trash. It's just all so unreal. There's a way to have OTT stories delivered with natural, believable acting.

I just see so much "acting", from Taylor, and the banshees Kukla and Molly, and many more.

This is dated crap. It shows me again that Ron and Frank only know parodies of soaps, and have no respect for the genre.

Even Emme Rylan seems restrained in comparison.

I watched an episode of Hardcore Pawn before this and the acting was ten times better than almost everyone in the episode, aside from Jane Elliot. Don't be out-acted by Tru TV, please.

• Members

Because he's clearly ... how can I phrase this nicely ... not very smart. LOL!

I seriously think he believes he's the best thing ever.

I mean, I love how many vets he brought back, but that doesn't excuse his writing, or his behavior.

I wish Garin Wolfe had worked out.

• Members

Yeah, which is why it was all pomp and circumstance. He flashed the vets ("look! I know them and care!!!"). I admit I initially fell for the flashing of the vets but it's clear they ARE window dressing and he has no idea what to do with them.

It's also a case of the cast feeling extremely bloated. The balance is awful too.

• Members

I said from day one...pretend story one...that the vets mean nothing to Craptini. They are just bait and switch material. Nothing anyone one of them, individually or combined, since their returns has done to date will ever match what Roger Howarth or Kristen Alderson has been given in the last 2 weeks!

• Members

The acting by Haley P when the truth was revealed was absolutely horrendous! Shameful! It also reinforced that she is not the person for this story. She looks like a pesky little sister and having TJ all twisted over this child is ridiculous!

• Members

Garin Wolf was not ready for HW position, but neither is Ron. At least GW took the time to develop the characters, and he is an excellent script writer. GW seems to have had a vision, but he didn't know how to go about getting there. Craptini don't have a vision. They just make the chit up at they go along!

• Members

The worst. He was worse than Guza and so much worse then Ron, imo. I have never given up on GH, until about two weeks before they announced they were replacing GW. I was so bored. I didn't care about anything that was going when he was in charge.

Archived