Y&R Paternity Spoiler

• Members

I'm really disappointed they decided to do this. Yes, we all saw Nick with the envelope and suspected that it may not be his child, but these paternity things just don't ever play out well. Remember Lily/Malcolm? Yes, we always knew that could happen, but it was better left alone. On top of it, going forward with this story right as MS is leaving? Even more ridiculous. There goes almost a decade's worth of flashback that can be used to tell the story and actually not rewrite history.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She has a new father. How would that not significantly impact the rest of her life? It's not just about Kyle.

Lily's paternity is a whole different story because that was based on an ugly story point even Bill Bell regretted. They should have left it alone. Also, Malcolm is off the canvas and will likely never return so it really doesn't effect Lily's relationship with Neil. Jack and Nick aren't going anywhere as far as we know and the actress playing Summer is still new and not yet disenchanted with being on a soap opera. So there's plenty of story to mine here, IMO.

• Members

gosh, who cares, tho? Y&R has gone to great lengths to make Summer as unsympathetic as possible. Summer is a blight that Nick will be 'free' of, that's how most see this story - as Nick being 'freed' of Phyllis + Summer. LOL This SL is a waste of time, and will only be reversed when the show gets a new head writer with a 'brilliant idea to shake things up!' sleep.png

i really hate crap like this (rewriting stuff to suit a SL, instead of being creative). It's so boring. It's like killing a character to 'create drama' and stuff. Lazy.

Archived