How about Lorriane Broderick as co-head writer of Y&R?

• Members

I keep thinking what Y&R needs is a really strong old school head writer. They don't want to seem to rehire any of the old Bell gang ala Jack Smith or Kay Alden. How about Lorriane Broderick as co-head writer of Y&R? I think it would be great for the show to have someone of her acclaim writing for Y&R. Y&R needs some kind of excitement and I think a new co-head writer is what doctor ordered for Y&R. Griffith is giving a very boring Y&R.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lorraine Broderick is a one soap pony. Her best writing has been at AMC.. when she tried to write ATWT, it was so so.. and she ended up quitting DAYS since her vision/ideas didn't jive with TPTB at Days back in the late 90s.

Right now, she is mostly breakdown writing on DAYS.. and it is doing better.. but I don't know if her being head-writer on DAYS, or other soaps would work.

• Members

Actually I recently wondered how Tomlin and Whitesell would do at Y&R actually, maybe I shouldn't wonder like that...

As for Griffith needing a strong co-HW I'd go with Kay Alden. It's hard to tell really about how any other writers could write for Y&R.

• Members

That's a rather uncharitable interpretation - she left because she was told what to write by Langan, the same reason SSM chose not to renew her contract. And what she was told to write was Langan's drek. Can't blame her for leaving or calling the tenure a failure due to her reluctance to write out someone else's utter garbage.

• Members

It's funny but since Sony and CBS took control they really don't want bell people at the show. Maybe they are so burned by Maria's last run. I would love Kay or jack or Ed Scott they don't want that for so reason. Josh Griffith is a talented writer but he needs co head writer.

Archived