PP: AMC & OLTL to air twice weekly

• Members

I'm surprised this is effective next week and not down the road like in Aug/Sept. Shouldn't they wait until the writers, production, etc adjust to the new two episode a week schedule...Now the episodes story progression from this point on will probably go very slow for who knows how long! Doesn't seem like very good news at all!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is the one solace I can take from this news, that I remember still being addicted to EastEnders and not feeling like there were a bunch of pacing problems in what I was watching when it was still airing just 2 half-hour episodes a week -- even when it went to 3, then 4, episodes a week and my local PBS station was only showing 2 a week and we were falling further and further behind.

• Members
WTF? They arent filming an episode a day? With the shows being shorter than on tv and less sets, you'd think they'd be able to produce the same amount or more within the same time span. Me thinks PP is very inefficent with their production schedulesmight be enough to make people drop it. This has got to be the first major WTF from these shows and I think possible the jumping the shark moment. I hope all turns out well but I fear they may not be able to recover

• Members

I hope they lengthen the episodes if they are going to only air only 2 days a week. Two one hour episodes a week would be a better idea IMO.

I have to admit though, I have had difficulty keeping up and making sure I watch all 4 episodes, but two thirty minute episodes a week? Thats a terrible idea.

• Members

I never had much faith in these reboots to begin with, so I won't pretend to be shocked by this news. I had a hunch PP would do something that would leave everyone feeling confused (at best). I'm just sorry for the fans who have been enjoying the return of their shows. It isn't fair to y'all.

• Members

UK soaps only Eastenders is on 4 Days, well Corrie is 3 but they do double episodes on 2 days, then Hollyoaks/Emmerdale are both on 5 Days.

Most recent Soap to do this 2 half hour eps would be River City, & that didnt work very well & they changed to 1 hour long ep a week.

• Members

The network shows are not great for the most part, this doesn't change that and PP soaps are still miles ahead. There may be an issue with how the advertisers are paying, they may want to pay for unique viewers on each episode in a way that the current format of the shows isn't working with.

• Members

I understand that but we need to still be glad that they haven't cancelled the shows altogether. At least they're doing something to preserve the shows. IMO, I've always thought that 4 shows was too big for them to jump out and do from the start anyways. I always thought they should've did 2-3 shows a week until they built a stable audience.

I understand people being worried about the writing but I seriously think it'll make the writing tighter. It'll give the head writers more time to come up with more well thought material and for the production company (or Agnes if she's consulting) to view their story projections fix them ahead of time.

My only gripe is that if they're doing 2 shows a week for each show then bounce them back to an hour. Other than that, I'm glad they're downsizing. Build an audience first then go back to doing 4/30 min shows a week.

• Members

If it is because the production schedule is behind, maybe PP shouldn't have tried to rush these to air so fast.

When it was first announced that AMC and OLTL were coming back, I thought that we wouldn't see them until sometime in June/July.

Archived