The Crazy Ones: Discussion Thread

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

The Crazy Ones

Academy Award winner Robin Williams returns to series television in THE CRAZY ONES, a single-camera workplace comedy about a larger-than-life advertising genius whose unorthodox methods and unpredictable behavior would get him fired… if he weren’t the boss. Simon Roberts (Williams) is the head of a powerful agency, with the biggest clients and brands in the world, but even more important to him is that his daughter Sydney (Sarah Michelle Gellar) is by his side. As his partner, Sydney is Simon’s exact opposite – focused, organized and eager to make a name for herself, but also too busy parenting her father, which she’d resent if he wasn’t so brilliant at what he does. Joining them in the firm are the dashing and talented Zach (James Wolk); art director Andrew (Hamish Linklater), who’s as hard-working as he is neurotic; and the beautiful and deceptively smart assistant Lauren (Amanda Setton). With his team and his daughter behind him, Simon continues to set the advertising world on fire, and it looks like they are definitely buying what these crazy ones are selling. Emmy and Golden Globe Award winner David E. Kelley (“Ally McBeal” and “The Practice”), Bill D’Elia, Emmy Award winner Jason Winer (“Modern Family”), Dean Lorey, John Montgomery and Mark Teitelbaum are executive producers for Twentieth Century Fox Television. Jason Winer directed the pilot.

• Members

Pretty excited for this sitcom. I like everyone in the cast (Mork! Kendall from AMC! The brother from New Adventures of Old Christine! Kim from OLTL!, just for those curious) and usually like David E. Kelley.

Hope it does well. I'm actually excited for a CBS comedy besides Big Bang.

• Members

I'll be honest with ya Toups. I don't believe CBS will ever be all that committed to single-cams, just like I've accepted that ABC & NBC aren't all that committed to multi-cams. You're never going to have more than 1-2 single cams on CBS (And I'm never going to see more than 1-2 multi-cams on ABC/NBC). I was reading on Deadline that CBS's other single-cam, We are Men (which looks DOA), CBS tried to get the creator to convert it to a multi-cam. CBS only picked up this show because it has Robin Williams in it and for all we know, also tried to convert it to multi-cam. But having said that, I think that everyone knows who Robin Williams is and he can make nearly anyone laugh. If a show with him as the star, can't find an audience, than no single-cam on CBS will. CBS might as well stick a fork in single-cams if this fails..

• Members

And yet CBS is #1, and their comedies seem to do better then the other networks. Perhaps the multi-cam style, plus a more broad approach to the concepts is why CBS remains #1.

I'm more a fan of multi-cam then single cam for the most part (except for the Middle), but I don't really think the promo for this show looked all that funny.. of course, I'm not a fan of Robin Williams so that could be why LOL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived