DAYS May Sweeps

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The way I understand it is that Ian Mccallister admitted he faked the Alice letter and therefore Hope and John were never married. I'm scratching my head to remember if Jarlena were married before that revelation because technically John died and they never remarried, did they? uggh this show sometimes lol

• Members

The better question is will Gabi have the baby in the Horton cabin. JJ being the proxy for everyone who hates Dan and Jennifer that is not surprising.

Since John never really died, I think when they would still be legally married unless Marlena went through a "divorce" when she believed he was dead.

• Members

It happened during the madness that went on in '03-04. I'm thinking it was late fall '03. I don't remember much about it, other than it being extremely random. Like a parody of '90s Days. I think it was JER trying to inject more gothic darkness back into the show, which probably took a lot of guts, given the cheap production... however, it was never explained, just like a whole bunch of other silly nonsense...

• Members

John and Hope were supposed to have been married YEARS ago in Alamainia or something. So J&M's previous marriage (the one from 2006 in Italy, with the fountain that sounded like someone was pissing throughout the ceremony) wouldn't have been valid, regardless of John's fake death. But they did remarry before leaving the show in 2009 -- in the hospital, in a rushed ceremony while John was still paralyzed. Ugh.

• Members

Ok logistically, this storyline is one hot mess and always was because.......

Wait for it.....

John and Hope were NEVER off-canvas simultaneously. Hope was on the show since she was born until she left with Bo to sail around the world in 1987, when John thought he was Roman. She returned in 1990 and "died," again, when John thought he was Roman. She came back as "Gina" in 1994 when John didn't know who the F he was, and has been on the show ever since. When the hell did they get married in Alamania?

Even during the Princess Gina storyline, it was always known that John's original affair (before becoming "The Pawn") was with the Real Princess Gina, not Hope. They had sub-sex and that was that.

I was watching during MarDar, but the whole John and Hope are married thing is when they lost me and I refused to follow it because I've been watching since '81 (and my mom had since '66) and I knew that what the writers were trying to convince me of was IMPOSSIBLE!!!

That being said, even though John & Marlena were married in '09, that was BEFORE MarDar and this shitastic storyline. Ergo, the 2009 marriage would be invalid as well, since he was married to Hope through winter/spring 2011.

God, why are they even going back to this? It's making my head spin just posting about it!

Archived