MTV: RuPaul's Drag Race

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Have any of you caught the mess Tyra Sanchez has been posting on Instagram.? I know she feels like she was mistreated, the fanbase was definitely awful to her, and Drag Race certainly had many missteps with their queens of color and the racist fanbase. However, she is going about it in a very messy way and some of her arguments for example the Michelle Visage one isn't fully making sense to me. 

• Members

I'm confused. Didn't TS go on and on about how she never wanted to be associated with RPDR and she didn't want fans even mentioning the show to her? What is her obsession with Raven? It's all so disturbing. I'm sure Vixen and Kennedy Davenport can talk about the racism in the drag race fandom. 

• Members

She was supposedly deleting her instagram account and transitioning to hew new account because she was quitting drag as it no longer was relevant to who she is now, but now all of a sudden she went on a posting tirade and is coming for Raven, Kennedy, Trixie and Michelle Visage. I do understand that Raven's dark makeup is problematic in a few photos, but the manner which she is going about it is just coming from a place of hurt and anger and it's not a good look at all. She is handling it very poorly.

I don't understand what she's trying to get across with Michelle. In the interviews leading up to season 3, Michelle said she loves Tyra and thinks she's a great queen but she would have fought for Raven to win. Now while I get that may be hurtful to hear, that is an opinion. She didn't say Tyra is horrible or that Tyra wasn't a good drag queen. She was merely expressing an opinion and she said it in a very nice way. Tyra says this interview ultimately caused all the backlash she received from fans and the attacks through the years. Michelle can't control how moronic fans act and threatening to post her phone number on instagram unless she apologizes is not coming from a healthy place. Pick up the phone and handle your business like an adult. Apparently, she posted Kennedy's number and then deleted it after Kennedy reached out to apologize for whatever interview she did that also triggered Tyra.

• Members

Yeah, I saw that about Yvie. In spite of her return as a “lip sync assassin” during this season of All-Stars, she seems over the show. 

Shea’s Flavor Flav was genius. Always a risk to play a cisgender man. During the celeb Drag Race, I liked that Jermaine Fowler played a cis male celebrity—Kevin Hart—but in female drag.