GH 50: Discussion for the Month of April - May 3, 2013

• Members

When she threw that glass, I was LMAO! It's so fun to see when Carly is not in control of a situation. I only wish Bobbie had been there when Brenda brought the tie to Carly. Bobbie is right that Carly needs to exercise some self restraint, but come on now?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I actually think Carly showed a lot of self restraint and handled herself well. But when a bitch is intentionally provoking you and working over time to get under your skin by antagonizing the issue, one can only take so much before one fights back. All bets are off now and Brenda deserves to get a good knock across the face. She should have left things alone

• Administrator

Stavros!! Wow, I really didn't expect him to be Lulu's kidnapper, though I made that guess half-way through the episode. Glad to see TPTB keeping this a secret because that was a great cliffhanger. Even though RKK has a bad reputation, I like him as actor.

• Members

I guess because I didn't watch 90's Brenda and I hate LW as Carly most of the time, Brenda isn't bothering me. But watching VM and MB mumble at each other still kills me and I still have flashbacks to Maurice reading cue cards during their engagement in her last return.

• Members

Stavros! Laura's questioning way that she said "Stavros?" sent me back to when Laura first saw Stefan and said "Stavros?" in 1996. I wish it was Stefan back from the dead instead. I think there would have been more to do with him since he wasn't always as evil. I had already stopped watching by the time RKK was on as Stavros, but if I remember right from the brief bits I would read about at the time, it wasn't for that long and he was pretty villainous. Still, cool twist!

I agree that Ethan probably was a stand-in once they couldn't get Jonathan Jackson back as Lucky, given how they had him say he had been staying at Lucky's place. But that stuff about Helena asking Laura to shoot him meant he was still used in a way specific to his character.

Nikolas is awake, finally, so the story for him that they have planned will become clearer soon. I don't see why there has to be a big point to Nikolas coming back though other than his being Laura's son, a Cassadine, and someone who is a big figure in GH history. The question to me is more, why was he ever gone, as it is with Bobbie, Scotty, Lucy, etc.? I consider Tyler Christopher a "later vet," if that makes sense, along with people like Jonathan Jackson, Ingo Rademacher, and, yes, I'll concede, Becky Herbst. Also he's been connected with Lulu from the beginning, giving bone marrow to "Lesley Lu Spencer in Port Charles, New York." If she was going to go missing, and if the Cassadines were involved, he would be back and wanting to help. He's also able to be in a triangle for Liz with AJ, on top of that.

I liked Mac and Felicia being concerned for Luke and Laura, and blissfully in love. I thought Anna kept throwing it in their face that Frisco was already back in the field working for the WSB though, instead of sticking around for his daughter. As good as it was to hear that Frisco was helping, it was probably still bittersweet for Felicia to hear that, and I don't think Maxie would be glad he was gone even if it does help bring Lulu back.

I don't know for sure what Brenda did yet but I agree she and Michael didn't sleep together, and I don't think she drugged him either. I like the reading people have that she saw Carly's reaction and used it to her advantage. I expect we'll find out more eventually!

• Members

She started later than them though, and Liz has never been as much of an earthshaking, permanent change to the concept of GH as Lucky, Nikolas, and Jax were. So that's why I saw it the other way as something to concede. Also, it was a bit just me being petty because I think Liz is boring, LOL.

Anna has less longevity on the show in terms of years actually appearing on the show, but I think she's considered more of a vet and more iconic "GH", and I think that's right.

But yeah, they're all vets.

• Members

They are all vets, some people just think of 'vet' differently. I consider Becky a vet. I don't agree Liz hasn't been 'earth shattering' some of her pairings have pretty much divided the rabid fan bases and there was a huge outcry when she was fired. But I can see why, at present, you'd say Liz is boring. She is. But believe me, she needed to be. Guza, of course, did a number on her over the years. I have to say, she's my favorite above all for some reason. I just love Becky and Liz, but yes, over the years, she's kinda just 'been there' and thrown into triangles/couplings/etc. She has deserved better.

Archived