GH 50: Discussion for the Month of April - May 3, 2013

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't buy RC really killed off Hells because she dropped dead without muttering a new curse. Sorry there's no way RC wouldn't write the last death rattles of Helena Cassadine. Even RC doesn't write this dull a death scene. I'm expecting next time we see L&L they're back in PC. Then we'll learn they left Hells body there on the boat. Today was a classic setup for Hells to pop up alive later and laugh at them for not guessing she staged it ala the Sting.

Hells comparing herself to Laura and their shared obsession with husbands who wronged them was the most intriguing dialogue in ages. GF did a good job today selling a Laura who was struck for a moment by Hells' truths there. She still loves Luke with all heart, but he's become a selfish SOB this last decade. Laura no longer rushes to defend his character like she once did.

My favorite Hells scene was also stroking Stefan's hair and lips with those so very creepy incest vibes. She had similar vibes with Stavros in a few scenes, too. I felt her hatred of Laura often comes off as female jealousy because Hells never came first with the men in her life. Mikkos loved Kristen, and Stavros, Stefan and Nikolas all chose Laura over Hells. Laure represents the other women who stole her men. Hells twisting the knife about Luke cheating on Laura brought Hells such satisfaction, yet there was a creepy sisterhood vibe there, too. As if Hells finally felt Laura lost and could relate to her. CT, GF and the script writers sold lots of subtext there, IMO.

The only time I ever liked Brenda was in the 2002 Amazing Grace return. She had real reason to whine then. Today I felt like slapping her for using Jax yet again to drive Sonny jealous. She's as childish and self-absorbed as ever. I hate this story before it even begins. Jax needs to ditch Carly and Brenda forever and find someone so much better.

I can't even be bothered with Patrick & Sabrina. Forget high school, they're acting like middle schooleers. The dialogue is so immature and simplistic I cringe.

I like Anton's sexy Russian? accent. Can he be a Cassadine?

• Members

I don't know what's worse - the fact that the retcon that won't go away is still alive or that Helena's life was lost to spare his worthless one. I also don't know who I'm more pissed at - TG for implementing the 'overwrite' (or whatever the fvck it's called) that demanded that greasy bear Ethan exist in spite of any logical reasoning why he shouldn't or that Ron is actually following it. As much as I've never had a stake in Helena Cassadine, there's no fvcking justice in the world when she - who has lived more lives than a cat - dies while that waste of space character continues to exist.

I'm also in no mood to see another round of the Slagbeast being thirsty around Queen B's sloppy seconds. It was exhausting enough the last time and I damn sure don't want to see that snaggletoothed skunk in the same fvcking space as my girl.

So, this is how a full day of Sabrina is like, huh? Well, she's still as interesting as a box of hair, so I guess I'm missing the memo on why she's so wonderful or horrible.

Dude that plays Milo is a Ford brother in the making because it was obvious that the guy that played TJ was struggling to carry his ass in those scenes.

Speaking of TJ, I sure hope that he grows a pair and dumps the squeaky-voiced shrew that Molly's become before she floats away towards Rafe because I've no desire to see another emasculated Negro on this show.

Seeing the chest cavity that was supposed to be RH's decolletage made me sad at how much female body standards have changed (for the worst) since the 90s (when she'd started). A size 6 used to be what was ideal, yet nowadays, all the women that I've seen on this episode barely graze a size 2 on their best day. How dreadful.

Today's S&B scenes were a lot better than the majority of theirs during VM's last tenure for the simple fact that Queen B isn't allowing Sonny to run roughshod over her the same way that showkiller Guza forced her to. Her voice was strong and her eye contact was steady - just as it always should be. I didn't get the impression that she was as let down by Sonny's non-answer as many stated, but I do feel that she isn't willing to accept less than his best like she tried to do when they were married. As long as she sticks to those convictions (and Sonny finally gets it through his thick skull) that she's serious, Queen B will be fine.

• Members

I didn't get the impression that Brenda was too upset either. They were laughing and flirting when she left. IF her intention is to get Sonny back she played her cards much better today than yesterday. Sonny was clearly effected by her presence and the Jax angle. If she is really in love with Jax, she is being a bit of a trifling ho, but I have decided to wait this out for a bit before making a final judgment.

• Members

LOL, it's great to see a soap getting this much attention again ... I'm not going to complain one bit.

Generally agree with a lot of the comments I've seen about Wednesday's episode, both positive and negative. I liked it well enough though. I thought Helena drawing a parallel between her and Laura was astute. I don't mind if she really is dead though. She's been going after the Spencers for decades -- time to move on to new pursuits. I do agree there is probably a twist coming where she will be alive again. I thought Laura's interaction with Ethan was compelling. Helena's right, Luke would probably have shot Nikolas.

I liked how what Brenda was saying could be read as what she meant or as the opposite - the layers in the scene. I liked Carly pegging Brenda, or thinking that she'd pegged Brenda. I liked Michael's conversation with Jax, trying to be supportive, and Jax's defensiveness that he didn't believe anything Carly said.

Felix falling for the ones he can't have is sadly all too believable from my own experience. Not just Milo, but also Anton, aww. A bit of humor from that too, especially as Lucy tried to slap some sense into him.

I think Milo will come clean to Sabrina and Sabrina will forgive him but will call or go find Patrick. I don't find it middle schoolish. No matter how old you are, I think miscommunications and nerves always come into play in matters of the heart.

Liked TJ and Molly still, but that music and choreography seemed kind of dull. Once it's a "number" at the actual Nurses Ball, I'll probably be more impressed.

Also, Carl, glad you liked most of Tuesday's anniversary episode!

• Members

Okay, three quick thoughts:

I'm not going to say I'm a huge fan of Sonny/Brenda in the last 13 years, because I absolutely am not. At all. I was never a big fan of theirs, actually. For my money the best story they told with these three characters is how Brenda moved on from Sonny to something new and mature with Jax in the '90s. But then they discarded all of that when she came back first in 2002 and then again 2010. I didn't like it, but at this point the facts that remain are: Sonny and Brenda are still a very popular couple, MB and VM still have great chemistry, and somehow they managed to transcend the extremely simplistic daily writing RC's staff does for way too much of the time. I don't know whether they improv'ed a lot or sourced the job to the few remaining solid dialogue writers from the past, but they actually still sounded reasonably naturalistic. And what's more, it seemed obvious Sonny would've fucked her right then and there if she'd hung around, Kate/Connie or no Kate/Connie.

I've said this before but if they have to have MB around and if Vanessa is willing to hang around on a semi-regular basis then they need to do what AW did with Mac and Rachel and just lock them down. They're the tentpole couple - that's it. Let Sonny shift even more into a more easy patriarch role as he has, let him get out of the mob for her (but still be endangered by his old life occasionally), let Brenda drive most of their story, but let them be together. Done. Anything else is a waste of time at this point and silly shadowboxing at old stories, as they have proven by having her pop in for a day and Connie/Kate already being basically out the window.

I can't believe L&L were not in the preview for tomorrow with that cliffhanger. If they come back on Friday or next week with that resolved with some [!@#$%^&*] like "boy, good thing we took out all those guys on our own!" I'm going to be [!@#$%^&*] livid. RC has done that many times before, though. I also am so tired of the show or TG or both absolutely forcing the Ethan/Luke [!@#$%^&*] in every scene. "No! Don't apologize! !@#$%^&*] you! My son! Ooh, I love you, come back here, don't leave yet!" Just stop. It's embarrassing. And of course Laura will never get a chance to adequately dress Luke down for this bullshit because Helena's already subverted it, so the message in the writing to the audience is that if Helena says it we're not supposed to really care about it. Because she's evil, see, and therefore if evil Helena Cassadine invokes the issue then it must not be a valid issue for Laura to take up with Luke. Ugh. And of course she can't possibly be dead.

Why the !@#$%^&*] is Jax's bed in the middle of the living room?

• Members

So agree Vee. Loved your post. Spot on with how I'm feeling but you just managed to write it out a hell of a lot better than I could LOL.

+10000000...

I really do even wonder if L/L won't be seen until after the Nurse's Ball. I have a feeling we aren't going to see any followup after yesterday.

• Members

Yep.

Not to mention Frisco's return and how Maxie saw him but we went a week without followup.

It's typical Ron.

Hell, he couldn't even show the followup to Connie/Kate integrating. Not that I needed or want to see that but still, it's another case of him wrapping things up off-screen.

• Members

As am I. Part of me knows that Ron can very well piss me off by ignoring the obvious endgame to prop his bootleg 'creation' (look no further than T&B and Turdly), but the other part (who is a ride-or-die Queen B stan) feels hopeful that he will do her justice in a way that the previous hack never wanted to.

• Members

I can't believe we are stuck with the Ethan rewrite. Ugh. I thought for sure RC would make him a Scorpio. But TG showed 10 times more love to Ethan than he did to Laura so it's obvious that Ethan will remain a Spencer and doubtful we'll get a romantic L&L.

Ron could have brought back Alan and Rick from the dead and he didn't do that. sad.png

Archived