March 4-8, 2013: B&B Hits 4 Year High in Househoulds

Toups

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

• Members

B&B is thriving now that the dead weight, (SF and RM) are gone! I remember Brad Bell thinking the should could not go on without Stephanie.

Am I wrong or has Y&R slightly dropped since the new regine took over? I wasn't a MAB fan but the show is currently boring me stiff...to dull and vanilla. It's a blow out with the 18-34 demos. Personally, I think Avery sucks as a lead and is poorly paired with Nick. I'm over this disease, drug use and bullying PSA vision of Y&R.

Go Days! They will slowly grow, I think...

• Members

I love B&B. I wish the show got more attention for the good they do. It's the real star on the CBS lineup. I'd love to see them have more actors on The Talk, or even the primetime talk shows. I also dream of a one-hour primetime episode.

• Members

Actually B&B went up in most desirable demos for soaps 18-49 and 25-54. That is the real target. The younger demos are so small - not really a sweet spot. It's amazing to see the viewer growth for all soaps compared to a year ago. B&B a 4-year high in HH? And to think how last year B&B was growing tremendously at this time because of S/L/H.

• Members

Congrats to B&B! It's consistently entertaining and fun to watch! Whenever there's a few days of nothingness going on, they pick it right back up within no time!

Even a one hour daytime special (a la Port Charles when they had a 1 hour special during OLTL's timeslot) would be nice, just as something special to do during a climactic storyline to generate buzz.

• Members

Pretty good results for the soaps during the first non-sweeps week. The soaps have definitely gained a huge amount of viewers over this time last year so they are finally trending upwards instead of downwards like they’ve been the past 20 years.

B&B is the most consistent of the bunch and having that 4-year high in HH with a 2.7 is awesome. Y&R is holding up well also as their 40th Anniversary event should help in the coming weeks maybe get them back to 5 million.

GH is continuing their momentum really well right now heading into their 50th.

DAYS is the one I’m still amazed with the show to me honestly is the best in quality of the bunch and that was not the case about a few months ago as it was the worst like the ratings were proving but now this show has become really reliable for NBC.

• Members

I love how entertaining B&B can be at times and its funny to hear people rant on the triangle. I really like element they've created lately with Rick & Maya, the show itself isn't that reliant on older vets they're getting the job done with the young ones.

I would love to see any soap get a prime time special as I think it will not only help the genre gain more exposure but it would just be good buzz as well. B&B stars should do more interviews and promote the show.

I was hearing rumors that on The Talk, that CBS was considering turning B&B into one-hour, I think that'd be a great confidence move from CBS to B&B but probably bad for the show itself since it thrives on the 30 minutes to move faster. If CBS was honestly considering this then they should have Bell buy As the World Turns and turn that into a 30 minute soap and bring it back.

Archived