March 4-8, 2013: B&B Hits 4 Year High in Househoulds

Toups

• Members

Huh. I guess I was looking more at 18-34. Sorry.

I don't watch too often but I'm glad to see they haven't lost any viewers from the departures of Stephanie and Ridge, both of whom had become very played out and tired. I hope this also means they might try different stories a little more often - the Taylor/Eric story is certainly very different (I know they were almost together decades ago but it wasn't in this manner).

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm thinking that won't ever happen, since it's been such a success around the globe as a half-hour serial. Special length episodes or primetime specials would be nice; they could have a climax during the half-point so that it could be split into 2 half hour shows when it runs overseas.

• Members

I can't see that happening. I think by this point they might even prefer being 30 minutes, and internationally it might help too.

You took my line :(

Seriously though, I think you're right. I know Santa Barbara and Sunset Beach were popular internationally but I think half-hour probably works out better - most of the foreign soaps I've seen are half-hour.

• Members

Congrats to B&B for hititng that 4 year high! That's amazing! I agree with jfung79 - it seems our years and years of soap's declining ratings are over for now at least. I love seeing how all 4 really have not only stabalized, but grown! If all 4 of them can just continue to focus on good strong story and character development while honoring each respective show's history - I think the soaps may become some of the most valuable shows on their respective networks again!

• Members

I noticed GHs numbers have slipped a bit even with all the returns. It might be too much too soon for fans and that some of the storylines associated with the returns are rather dreadful.

As for Days I havent seen it in 3 weeks....I have it dvr...hope to catch up this weekend.

Archived