GH: Lucy/John/Sam/Duke spoilers from TV Guide

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Erin Hershey Presley? That's random. Most of my memories of her are shackled to the unwashed, stuttering angel. Not to be rude but any scene they had together seemed like a speech impediment class.

I hope this means we might see her grandmother Amanda again.

• Members

In another thread I mentioned how if Prospect Park were successful and wanted to expand to a third show they could bring back Passions, but Port Charles would probably be more likely since it's owned by ABC. If there were ever a time for a supernatural soap, it's now. They could also go much darker than soaps did before which would draw in a bigger audience. To me, the biggest flaw with Port Charles is that it's set in the same city as GH. For that reason alone I'd never bring it back.

• Members

By the time PC ended there wasn't much to bring back. I liked Jamal, and that Joy Bisco character, and Frank, and Chris, and perhaps Allison's mother. Most of the rest seemed played out and built on the corpse of Tainted Love.

• Members

Oh, God.

I think Ronnie C. was better off not acknowledging Caleb, Livvie, and the rest of that junk. Even if they retcon all the supernatural stuff as Lucy's delusion, it still would come across as a slap in the face to all PORT CHARLES fans who invested emotionally in those stories. I don't know about you, but I don't like being told that everything I watched was a dream and a waste of my time. But that's just me.

• Members

I seriously doubt ABC would ever license another show to PP, particularly one connected to one they seem to want to keep on the air at least for a few more years...

Yeah setting it in the same city (the same hospital in fact--not a suburb just outside or something) was truly a mistake, even if it seemed attractive at the time because it saved money.

• Members

This is how I feel. Like Knots avoiding Dallas' shower dream, I think it's just too distant to try to connect them. Of course we'll see to what extent it is, but shouldn't Olivia have been seeing vampire hallucinations etc? Yeah GH has always had more sci fi than the other ABC soaps (outside DS of course), but... It seems like a can't win situation (aside from a few winks to the audience that I'm fine with, although RC has done that a bit too much). If PC had *just* finished, I might feel differently, but it was over a decade back... If this does make PC fans really happy, wouldn't they want them to bring back the vampire aspect?

• Members

D'oh TOTALLY forgot about that (even though I really liked the actress back in the Ally days...)

I dunno, one cross over is fine. Tracy worked well at The City and I don't mind that they've mentioned Soleito from it and her relationship, Anna was fine on AMC (although the whole Alex/Anna thing was a mess), Angie was fine on Loving even with the awkward Jesse/Jacob stuff (which is actually far less awkward than all the times we had Ghost Jesse on AMC under Passanante saving Tad's life etc). But I think to try to go back and aknowledge why certain actors played the same character on different soaps and then meet actors they should know who are now different characters.... Just ignore it--soap audiences are more than used to being able to handle that.

If this Lucy stuff were a special Fan February style fantasy episode--I'd be all for that. Otherwise...

• Members

A part of me likes this kind of crazy story. Sometimes RC reminds me of some dorky comic book writer who wants to fix continuity errors that nobody cares about. Maybe soon Carly and Olivia will start to remember to EDIT: Nevermind some of you made the same joke.:

Archived