GH: Lucy/John/Sam/Duke spoilers from TV Guide

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love this story, think it's a great way to tie in history and the actors. Lucy is herself and in Port Charles, then you have KM's Sam and ME's John who are in Port Charles but obviously not who they were during PC and then there's Duke. There's Kevin and Scotty coming.

I like that they're at least addressing it instead of pretending otherwise. Like Sarah Brown's new character of Claudia.

• Members

I love this story, think it's a great way to tie in history and the actors. Lucy is herself and in Port Charles, then you have KM's Sam and ME's John who are in Port Charles but obviously not who they were during PC and then there's Duke. There's Kevin and Scotty coming.

I like that they're at least addressing it instead of pretending otherwise. Like Sarah Brown's new character of Claudia.

• Members

Yeah I think Tainted Love was the best arc they did personally as it was the best character piece out of everything in terms of utilizing the entire cast in a compelling umbrella storyline. Literally everyone was involved in some way or another during Tainted Love. Everyone in the cast had a part to play and were connected.

I would say I hated Tempted though, as Tainted Love had a pretty great conclusion and Tempted limped the entire time trying to drag out the small success Tainted Love had by bringing Caleb back after a pretty great death scene. I would say PC suffered from not having great ideas to follow up Tainted Love though, more then anything else. For instance the successive arcs like Secrets and Torn had horrible premises. Evil candles, heaven purgatory and then the devil trying to mess with an angel's love life never made that much sense. The motivation was also quite sketchy. I feel that the show mostly saw the star appeal of the three leads at the time: Erin, Kelly and Brian and just decided to throw things up in the air and see how they worked. It doesn't surprise me that PC asked ME back though, as Caleb (and Caliva) were insanely popular for the show and even became bigger then Livvie's flagship (and popular) pairing with Jack (which I much preferred). PC kind of drew itself into a corner once they made the entire show revolve around basically four characters (much like AMC did with Slavery).

Archived