Y&R: Ex-GH alum joining?

dm.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, maybe so. Scotty asked the question, it's not like EB brought SB up, and when he responds truthfully, he gets rude Tweets for having the gall to not know who SB is?? Come on now. I don't see why it's so unbelievable that a man of his age and ego and position at Y&R wouldn't know much about soaps beyond his own.

• Members

Braeden probably doesn't even know or care who half of the current Y&R cast is.

He's never been an "industry person," meaning he rarely mingles with those in the industry or attends public events. For example, he didn't even attend the Emmy's the year he won.

He's not even a fan of daytime soaps, and given his age, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't know who Burton is. I mean, he might recognize him by face, but I don't think it's strange that he would draw a total blank by his name alone.

• Members

Exactly. I was going to say this but I feared that I might be painting him a little too harshly. The fact of the matter is, we as fans should not project our knowledge of these shows on the people who actually work on them. Soaps may be a passion or a great interest of ours, but for a lot of the people who are employed by them, they are first and foremost a JOB.

• Members

Between the stunt casting and the changes in regime, how many people has EB seen come through that show and they were gone before he even had to learn who their names were? That reaction from No2souls was just so pitiful. Talking about Steve Burton like he's some force to be reckoned with.

He did? LOL!

• Members

EB takes heat for things he doesn't even intend or say. Is there some rule that everyone must know who Burton is? Good lord he's not Susan Lucci. Braeden is egotistical, abrasive, opinionated, but he's also genuinely good and respectful to fans for the most part. I saw nothing wrong in that tweet. It wasn't nasty.

• Members

I know it's a UO but I like EB. He's one of the more upfront and straightfoward actors I've seen in the business even if that means he's egotistical, abrasive, and opinionated. With Braeden you pretty much know what you're getting even if you don't like it.

Of course this brings us back to the Twitter soap verse and that's just an ocean of crazy.

• Members

As long as Braeden does not coerce his fans to buy Monavie, he is golden compared to Burton as far as I am concerned.

If Burton and/or his fans think that they can bring their brand of crazy to Y&R, they are in for a shock. He and JFP will be gone before that Y&R cabal goes any where.

• Members

I didn’t hate Jason but GH desperately needed to be rid of him and I’m thrilled to see that he won’t be returning. I don’t have anything against Burton and don’t care why he left; I’m just glad he did. I’m so happy I don’t even mind admitting I was wrong when I said that Michael Easton/John McBain had never contributed anything of value to any show. To my great surprise, he was actually good in the scenes with Robert/Anna/Faison (not “not awful” but “good”), but much, much more important -- the mere possibility that he in any way factored into SB’s decision to leave GH proves to me that ME/JM has in fact done something of great value for GH.

Archived