Y&R: Ex-GH alum joining?

dm.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

From what I'm hearing Easton is not being received very well. But I knew Stevo left because he was not going to be written as top dog. They forced him out because Easton was to take his place. SBu was demand crazy though, and that kind of "actor" bugs the hell out of me.

I'd love to see Easton gone. If Todd could bury John alive, I'd love him forever wub.png

• Members

Other than Todd (only because Howarth is surprisingly the only man to make Laura Wright seem less asexual on GH), I just laugh at the hyperbole that OLTL characters have suddenly made GH better and saved it from cancellation. If the show tanks ratings-wise 6 months from now, will they be to blame too? Of course not.

I want to know what exactly McBain and Starr have brought to the show in order to "save" it - I'm still waiting for a cohesive reason.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was indeed true that Easton/McBain isn't testing well with GH audiences. I never thought he was anything special on OLTL, and solely protected there by Frons and Valentini.

• Members

I don't think Easton's appeal or lack thereof is based on PC. Granted, I think that RC tried to leverage it but it's not like we're talking about Jesse and Angie here. Nostalgia will only go so far.

I think Howarth, Easton and KA all have devoted fanbases but IMO whether or not those fanbases have made any difference in GH's ratings is subjective and unprovable. I'm willing to bet that Burton's fanbase is every bit as large and/or devoted as those others. I think GH has benefited from the time change and the returns much more than the OLTLivers. Burton screwed himself by indulging his ego instead of biding his time.

Archived