Y&R: Ex-GH alum joining?

dm.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree that Easton has a fanbase from OLTL, but a lot of the GH arrival involved the hype over Livvie/Caleb, complete with "how do I know how I know you" conversations that belonged in bad fic. I just don't think they took enough time to make viewers care. GH viewers have already seen plenty of deadbeat fathers, and I think that was something the show handled terribly.

• Members

ITA. Don't get me wrong I love ME and I hated it when he joined GH. I thought it was a bad idea on so. many. levels. and everything I've seen has confirmed that but the fangirl in me has enjoyed watching my guy collect a fat check from GH while working a fraction of the time he did on OLTL. I'm not surprised RC tried to leverage Caleb/Livvie because he likes paying lip service to the past even when he craps all over it.

I'll be interested to see what kind of part SB gets on Y&R. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in the same position ME has taken on GH.

I think ME's role at GH is going to be vastly smaller than his role at OLTL. I think McBain will be more focused on the cop stuff with occasional irtime spikes depending on the story. I think John McBain will be to GH what Bo Buchanan and Derek Frye were to OLTL/AMC.

• Members

I think that it played out the only way that it could once FV and RC took over GH. FV/RC always had way more control over OLTL and its actors than Benard/Burton were accustomed to and they were going to have to adjust. From all reports, Burton's ego was always larger and since he has more money from his Monavie ponzi scheme and voice over work, he was the one far more likely to try to take on FV and RC and get pushed out.

Yep, but it is work so it will soothe his ego that another show wanted him.

Archived