December 10-14, 2012: All Soaps Rebound From Terrible Week

Toups

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/490974-CBS_Tops_in_Daytime_C3_Ratings_Among_Women_25_54_Soaps_Lead_the_Way.php?rssid=20065

I may be the only one who thinks this but while there isn't a ton of action on Y&R lately I will say it seems to be a much more, solid, well written show and even though there isn't a ton of action I have been enjoying it this past week. It kind of reminds me of the Bill Bell days. I also want to say the production has been Grade A. The production got so bad under MAB. It began looking cheap. Y&R now looks like a elegant, classy soap.

• Members

Did the promos let on the Wednesday was the day to watch? I think it did it's job since the ratings went up the next day. We'll see how they are next week.

I must say I'm VERY PLEASED with B&B! Those ratings were very consistent. I hope the ratings stay up in January when their black storyline is heading to the frontburner. I want it to do well in the ratings so they keep those characters in heavy rotation.

• Members

In other words - a storyline featuring black characters? That's all I was getting at.

OLTL diverse? When?

As for YR adding black characters? There's adding black characters and then there's adding black characters that actually participate in the stories. It looks as if YR is doing just that - giving the black characters stories and featuring them. Neil? Still hate that interesting black males have come and gone from CBS Daytime but KSJ is still there. What a total bore!

Archived