"Never Been Done Before...on Daytime"

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'd like to see a story about adult bullying. Of course, it sounds silly to call it bullying, but I'm imagining a setting like AMC's Fusion circa 2003-2004 where the group picks a scapegoat to pick on, blame everything on, etc. It happens in real life way more than you think.

Also, a story that addresses the shallowness of society. A "big"/"ugly"/"boring" guy wants to woo a fit, lean girl, and she gives him the runaround on why she's not interested, but it's crystal clear that she believes she deserves "better" than someone who's not up to her shallow standards. Yet she constantly gets her heart broken by the "hot" guys she chases after.

• Members

I would like to see this too. People let on like outward appearance doesn't matter....Yeah right. Pretty people tend to hook up with pretty people and have an attitude about who they feel is good or not good enough for them.

As for the bullying of an adult. That has potential too. People who were jocks/popular in high school tend to still be jerks and try to push people around .

• Members

Charlize Theron gained weight for the role where she was a lesbian killer.

A lot of actors have gained weight for roles. Back in the 70's on Y&R, there was a character named Joanne Curtis who was overweight and lost the weight for a storyline. I don't know if she gained weight to get the role, but it could be a new storyline where a person gains a large amount of weight and how they are treated, becomes disabled from getting around, having to use a scooter, the option of gastric bypass etc.......

• Members

I don't know if this is off topic or not, but I would like to see a situation where a soap decides to go out on it's own terms, instead of being cancelled. I don't think it has ever been done.

For example, what if the writers and producers got together and decided that they were going to wrap a show up. They would go to the network and lay out a plan with how much time and resources they would need to tie up current stories, revisit the past and send the show out in a satisfying way. Fans would avoid the months of speculation, save our show campaigns, anger, last minute story rewrites, out of the blue reconciliations and wtf plot twists to tie up all loose ends quickly.

• Members

It may have been done to an extent, although my memory's a little foggy. On Santa Barbara, the audience was in on the "Carnation Killer" story right from the start, I believe. I could be wrong, but I swear Peter Flint was shown committing the first murder. Either that or we knew right away who it was after a bit of mystery.

• Members
You now just noticed the change? I changed her out a week ago...lol. Teresa's soon gonna go bye bye too

00250065-0000-0000-0000-000000000000_00000065-0820-0000-0000-000000000000_20120926180343_honey-boo-boo40acresandacubicle.jpg

Dont be hating on Honey Boo Boo!

AMC had Lily bullied by the HOT girls during this type period

As for the second one, it almost sounds like Petey and Colby, except she wasnt exactly chased around by hot guys

Its rare to see people on soaps like that who are so blatant with their racism and show no shame.The show wasnt preachy trying to tell a message or even try to make an issue out of it. It was just a part of who those characters were. In many ways, it felt more realistic

Archived