"Never Been Done Before...on Daytime"

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The IBS storyline suggestion. I can imagine Nikki on Y&R revealing she has it. She then has to plan things out every where she goes , like what foods she can safely eat, where all the bathrooms are, and a change of clothes in case she has an accident on herself. She will also have stomach noises, accidental farting and quick exits to the toilet especially after a big meal.

Stephanie on B&B late in life death bed confession she is a lesbian and reveals that the reason she never wanted Brooke with Ridge is because she wanted her for herself.

As for the born again christian storyline, Y&R did that back in 1974 when Brock came home from a life of sex, drugs and rock n roll and told Katherine he found the Lord. She at first refused to believe him. Later it came out he slept with Mac's mother and had her out of wedlock. Maybe they could have Phyllis become a Nun.

They could go all sick and do a necrophilia storyline. Maybe Ronan on Y&R likes to have his way with the stiffs in the morgue and goes to therapy.

• Members

Somebody pointed out to me the other day that a lot of black characters on TV or not played by black actors but dark skinned people. The person told me that producers think dark skinned Latinos are considered pretty than black people. There could be a story about a black actress with great acting chops being considered for a role. The movie could be about Slavery or along the lines of "The Color Purple" or "Roots". Instead the casting director picks a dark skinned person that is not black who doesn't have good acting skills but looks prettier in the eyes of the producers.

• Members

There was controversy when Lily and Dusty slept together on ATWT in 1987, because both Martha Byrne and Brian Bloom were underage (although MB turned 18 later that year). I'm not sure if both their characters were, though.

And Robin Scorpio, Jessica Buchanan, and Starr Manning lost their virginities while underage, although I guess their boyfriends (or in Jessica's case, her stepbrother (!) Will) were all older.

I guess Destiny and Matthew on OLTL might fit here, although we didn't see anything (Thank God--I wouldn't have wanted to anyway!).

• Members

Exactly. I feel like at least one teen female would've done it. I remember when I was in highschool one girl was sleeping with a 30 year old married man.

Most teen stories seem to be teens turn 16/17 and have sex with some of them getting pregnant. I haven't seen any variety in their stories in a long time.

I'm not talking about underage sex between two teens I'm talking about one's a teen girl and one's a grown man.

• Members
we're talking about a teen having sex with a grown man, not another teen. Teens having sex with teens is hardly uncommon or taboo on soaps but what frequentsoapfan suggested however is

i knew of a girl having sex with a priest and she had a bf. That had the makings of a juicy soap story

since you mentioned Sami, this reminded me that we saw flashbacks of GH'a Carly having sex with Reese's father when she was a teen although there was no blackmail and they played it like he was using her

• Members

Are they even capable of writing a story like that without it coming off as just being a bad thing and throwing the man in jail for statutory rape?

"Switched At Birth" seems to be tackling the underage girl in love with older man with Justin Breuning playing the older man. He's just young enough to see the attraction. It's amazing how this can be tackled in a one hour weekly show with limited episodes and an hourly/five day a week show with seemingly unlimited episodes can't do it.

• Members

They could have a character on a soap have a vaginal rejuvination after the husband/boyfriend complains.

A character becomes a hoarder. Victoria on Y&R is distraught after breaking up with Billy, she starts hoarding. The house would be filled with old raisin bran boxes, excess clothing, and other miscellaneous filth.

A charcater decides to switch teams after being rejected over and over by the opposite sex.

A main character is openly racist or sexist and refuses to change.

A main character who becomes grossly obese (250lbs or more) with the actor agreeing to gain weight over a period of time in the role.

• Members

Are they being monitored by some parental watchdog group?

It's actually a whole lot of hypocrisy considering that Genie Francis was 14 years old and certainly under 18 when she was playing against Anthony Geary who has about 15 years on her.

I know the writing sucks but the right actress paired with an actor who doesn't come across as seedy, could make that work. Someone like Sarah Michelle Gellar's Kendall or Ashley Judd's mature teenager Reed (in "Sisters"). I'm sure they can find some young actresses like that who are over 18 but look like a 17 year old.

Archived