"Never Been Done Before...on Daytime"

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Eve Donovan didn't exactly become a prostitute willingly, but she did it at first for money and because she felt she owed it to Nick. Even after she revealed she was Shane's daughter and moved in with him and Kim, she turned some tricks and admitted that she did it because it made her feel wanted and fulfilled. So there was some aspect of her doing it voluntarily.

There was another teen prostitute at that time, Sasha, who worked for Nick willingly.

Also, the show never really explored why Kim became a prostitute when she was living in Europe, but early on, it seemed like money was as much a factor as anything else. She could not make ends meet as a photographer, so she turned to prostitution.

• Members

It would be a great story! But religion is hardly ever mentioned on soaps probably so as to not offend. The Bradys on Days are clearly Catholic, Nora on OLTL was Jewish but everyone else just seems to be non-denominational Christians. I can't think of any Mormons, Buddhists, or atheists. The only Muslim was that girl on ATWT who was involved with Luke and Noah a few years ago.

• Members

This has been hinted at a few times, sometimes with guest characters. Y&R had a story about an apartment building for senior citizens that Christine Blair investigated, as the residents were being mistreated. Ryan's Hope had a story early on where nursing home residents were being mistreated, and when they fell or got sick, weren't even taken to the hospital. One woman died.

I think when DAYS decided to bring Victor back from the care home, Vivian realized he was being doped up, and helped get him out.

Eve seems like a very unique character for a soap.

• Members

Involuntary celibacy. A character we've watched from birth (or at least adolescence) never gets into a relationship, never has anything resembling a love interest, never loses his/her virginity, never gets kissed, etc. One day, the character is 30 years old and wondering where the time went. The story charts his/her efforts to meet and connect with someone.

Hoarding. I feel like a (good) soap could do an amazing job with a hoarding story, slowly having the junk build and build over years until the people around the hoarding feel it's time to take action.

• Members

An adult character on the Autism spectrum whose condition isn't made into comic relief or is portrayed as a complete recluse. Someone who is known and liked and has friends trying to deal with the various issues that pop up when dealing with the spectrum, and as a result how people around him/her deal with it.

• Members

laugh.png

I would love that. If done properly, it'd be very funny, and very poignant as well.

Come to think of it, ONE LIFE TO LIVE approached this idea with Miles Laurence. However, since it ended with him popping his cherry with a prostitute, I think, I don't call that a "success."

Archived