Obscure AMC storylines

allmc2008

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They tried pairing Dottie and Greg at one point, but the actors had no chemistry. I remember a lot of viewers and the mags begging for Tad and Dottie to actually fall in love and become a couple. They were definitely more interesting to watch that Tad and Hillary, which could be like watching paint dry. But the writers never waivered from their original vision of having Tad and Hillary be a star-crossed couple until MEK gave notice that he was leaving.

• Members

Danfling,

I'm not sure about the accuracy of your claims. For instance, I've seen no mention of any actor named Robert Tripp playing the role of Jeff Martin. However, an actor named Robert Perrault played the role circa 1976-77.

Jesse was still alive when Jeffrey Byron was playing Jeff. Jesse wasn't killed off until 1988. So was Angie involved in a romance with Jeff while Jesse was still alive? You imply that the Jeff/Angie romance came after the Cliff/Angie romance. The fact is that Cliff and Angie got involved after Jesse's death in 1988. The relationship ended when Bergman was fired in 1989. Bergman then went over to The Young and the Restless. Morgan quit All My Children to join Generations in 1990. And it was Saundra Quarterman who replaced Morgan, not Sandra McClain.

• Members

Both Robert Peralt and Robert Tripp played Dr. Jeff Martin.

Robert Peralt played Jeff after Jeff returned to Pine Valley. Jeff had left town following the death of Mary Kinnecott Martin, R. N. Most of Peralt's scenes were with Susan Lucci as Erica. He was quickly replaced in the role with James O'Sullivan.

Peralt was Jeff #3, and O'Sullivan was Jeff #4. This was in the 1970s. Jeff said that he was so glad to back in "my little town," and Simon and Garfunkle had a hit with the song of the same name at the time.

Robert Tripp played Jeff in between Jeffrey Byron and John James. Mr. Tripp only played the role for several weeks. He was dropped, and later it was said that Jeff had returned to California.

The Angie/Jeff storyline was concluded before the departure of Debbie Morgan as Angie #2. You are correct about her replacement being named Sandra Quarterman.

• Members

MORE:

I think that when Robert Perrault played Jeff, it was after Erica's marriage to Phil Brent. He also had several scenes with Mona. I think that Mona was hoping for a Jeff and Erica reconcilliation.

Also, I am not sure if this was before or after the time that Mark and Erica had dated or it Mark and Maureen had been introduced.

The time that Robert Tripp played Jeff was around 1988 or 1987 - a good ten years after Robert Perrault played the character.

I don't think that Carla Dragoni as Betsy had been introduced either (when Robert Perrault played Dr. Jeff Martin).

• Members

Actually in 1988 they did have a short goodbye scene for Jeff--in the form of Charles Frank. Everyone was gathered in Erica's hospital room after she'd just had Bianca.I remember Travis, Joe, Ruth, Mark, Ellen and some others being there. Jeff walked in to say that he was moving back to San Francisco or someplace. They had just used Frank a week earlier in the Erica dream sequence during her labor, so I guess they asked him to make one additional appearance to put some closure to Jeff's (failed) 80s stint.

• Members

Are you sure you're not thinking of the retirement home scam? It was called 'Willow Lake Acres'. This must have been 1993, and I remember Mona and Myrtle wanted to move in. I remember Erica and Brooke going there, and they had to hide in a closet together so the scam artist guy wouldn't find them. Actually, Brooke forced Erica into the closet. LOL.

The racist organization (responsible for the attack on Terrence @ Tom's gym, I believe) was called 'Deconstruction' and was based on the PVU campus. Taylor went undercover as a Greek heiress to infiltrate the group.

• Members

Erica was giving birth to Bianca and she fell into a coma; I think she developed toxemia (?).

She had a fantasy that her life was being filmed as a motion picture, directed by her father (who was a movie director in Hollywood).

I haven't seen it on YouTube, unfortunately.

Archived