GH Actress return?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wait wait wait wait...are we saying that we'd rather see Robin saying "[!@#$%^&*] YOU, Patrick and Emma, I gotta save Jason" in those ridiculously embarrassing scenes where Patty could not hold the door open while his wife steps into the lab and grab the vile as opposed to a realistic end to a person who lived almost 20 years HIV positive?

This has to be due to the fact that we know not even those 2 miserable [!@#$%^&*], Hack n Hack, can bring a dead AIDS character back to life and the end of Robin would be final. There is absolutely no other explanation here. NONE!

Robin would have finally been reuunited with her precious StoneD.

Lisa switching Robin's meds causing her to become really sick and ultimately dying would be a whole lot more believable than the chit that went on in that lab.

Come on guys!

• Members

and would be a horrible payoff after the year of torment and torture she had to endure due to Lisa. Im not a Robin fan by any means but I wouldnt have wanted to see her go out like that at the hands of Lisa from beyond the grave. Lisa causing her to have full blown AIDS is just vile. Id rather Robin randomly hit by a bus

• Members

I could totally get behind Robin getting hit by a bus. Hell, I'd like to see the bus back over her a few times, but a credible story is just that, a credible story. We may not like the way it happens, but Robin's death and the story that lead up to it would be realistic and powerful- something we want from our soaps. The theatrics in the lab were not even soapy goodness, just Cartooni showing off their "talents".

But NOT one good thing has come from their pin, so I'm not shocked.

• Members

In a way, I'm glad Frank and Ron chose to rewrite the circumstances leading up to Robin's "death." OLTL's "Kish" arc was the only time (thus far) where the two handled topically relevant material, and they blew that story in a BIG way.

• Members

ICDAM. Just my opinion but I'll repeat, that if Robin, after nearly twenty years of health, would develop full-blown AIDS and die in the course of a few (couple?) months would send an awful, awful message and essentially undo all the positivity showcasing a character persevering in her situation. If they had more time, then it's a different story. But it was so expedited and I found it very alarming that something like this would be penned. We saw Stone's struggle and various temp. characters on GH and GHNS succumb to the disease and, IMO, it was very effective . . . Robin did not need to BAMDIE from AIDS when she had been living "normally" as an HIV+ person for eighteen years. It sends a really f**ked up message and reinforces scary stereotypes. However, the fact that Robin's HIV status was rarely acknowledged was also unrealistic and uncreative in terms of storytelling. But again, her dropping dead out of nowhere is a dangerous message . . . if she died of complications due to the medication, again, that's a different story. But the route GW was taking was awful, and like I said, I saw a lot of good in him and would gladly prefer him (with a co-head writer who could help him pace and organize) over RC's GH or definitely, definitely over Guza.

Trust me, I'm not defending the joke that was Robin's "death" and funeral, but I am so relieved she didn't go out as planned.

• Members

Manipulating the time of Robin developing full blown AIDS would not be much of a stretch. Robin tossing dueces to her husband and daughter, not to mention the lack of regard she has for her own life to save a known killer? You want that message instead? The story should have been left alone - not changed because we don't want to lose Robin. There is no such thing as convenient trash. Trash is simply trash!

But we are in complete agreement about Wolf. I will never consider him a hack. He simply was not ready for the position of HW. His lack of experience showed, but he could certainly write. Wolf gets major props from me simply because of the work he did on Carly. Major props!

• Members

I don't want to go 'round in circles, but people usually don't develop full-blown AIDS overnight and then instantly die . . . I think a story like that reinforces ignorant stereotypes about HIV. I got the impression that Robin wasn't going to catch pneumonia or something and not be able to beat it, but that she'd die from AIDS-related complications that people suffer through for many, many months or years. It's interesting to read that GW was going to explode her, too . . . and totally, that whole series of scenes defied logic and its aftermath treatment was really shameful.

I think GW actually did "Guza" better than I've ever seen Guza do Guza during the writers' strike. I grew up with Guza's GH so the dark, bleak GH is the one I know, not the adventure show others fondly remember. And I got what Guza was going for, I just don't think he was able to achieve it during his second run . . . or maybe he wasn't committed to it enough? (He was certainly committed to dismantling most of what I loved about GH, though. And throwing everyone under the bus for Sonny/Carly/Jason.) But I think GW totally nailed Guza's vision and maximized all the potential and actually showcased everyone's points of view in early '08. He had a strong, strong start in '11, but by mid-August the pacing was all off and it was clear he didn't know how to structure a whole show left to his devices. But, IMO, he mostly had a command on everyone's character and knew which direction they should be heading, save for a few notable exceptions (Alexis, Kate, etc.). Too bad his stint as HW turned into a hot mess, because he was very character-driven and included diverse, sensible interaction. And IA that Carly was a high point of his, but I couldn't believe Carly finally coming to her senses and Alexis/Kate reppin the mob! LOL . . . WTF?!? tongue.png

Archived