GH: John Ingle has passed

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

John Ingle, who played Mickey Horton from 2004-2006, has died. Ingle died on Sunday, September 16, 2012 at the age of 84. Ingle's most famous role was as Edward Quartermaine on "General Hospital", a role he portrayed from 1993-2003 and again from 2006 until his death.

Ingle was born in Tulsa, Oklahoma on May 7, 1928, the son of John and Myrtle Ingle. He graduated Occidental College in Los Angeles and later became a teacher of English and theater, first at Hollywood High School, and later at Beverly Hills High School. He taught high school from 1955-1985.

After retiring from teaching in 1985, Ingle became a long-time actor. Besides his roles on "Days" and "General Hospital", Ingle also appeared on such series as "Who's the Boss?", "Newhart", "The Facts of Life", "Highway to Heaven", "Cheers", "Family Ties", "ALF", "Coach", "The Golden Girls", "Beverly Hills, 90210", "The Office" and "Parks and Recreation." He also appeared in several movies, including "Heathers", "Robocop 2", "Death Becomes Her", and "Batman & Robin." Ingle was nominated for two Soap Opera Digest Awards, and won the award in 1998 for male scene stealer.

Frank Valenti, executive producer of "General Hospital", released this statement on Twitter: "With great sadness, I share the news of John Ingle's passing. We love him and will miss him. John will always be a part of the #GH family." Ingle's family released this statement on Facebook: "Father, Husband, Grandan, Great Grandan, Brother, Uncle, Friend, Teacher, Inspirer, Mentor: May You Soar with the Angels. You will forever hold a special place in the deepest corners of our hearts."

In 1954, Ingle married Grace-Lynn Martin. They remained married until her death earlier this year. Ingle is survived by five daughters: twins Jennifer and Jessica, Carey, Melanie and Christin; and many grandchildren.

For photos of Ingle's time on "Days", please visit http://www.jason47.com

• Members

Heartbreaking. Rest in peace, Mr. Ingle, you will be missed.

I keep thinking back to his last scene w/ Jane Elliot.. I hadn't heard much about his health but I knew he didn't look good, you could just tell it would be his final appearance on the show. There was something so final about it. There will be only one Mr. Edward Quartermaine. =(

Archived