Y&R: actress fired????

• Members

And so? They've also recast a few younger cast members. This show is overblown with named soap stars that haven't helped the show out and stick out like a sore thumb. Genie has been horrible since she started. Being a soap vet doesn't justify keeping them if they haven't helped the show at all and she hasn't.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They've been trying to get rid of vets for years - I guess they will keep on trying, but firing Francis and hopefully Nichols will go a way to closing a budget hole. I hope they won't get rid of Debbi or Darnell but I admit that's more based on my feelings about the actors than their Y&R work. Harmony has been such a horribly conceived character.

• Members

I don't expect Jess to be back, but a phone call from JFP isn't something which she would do lightly. She at least had a basic level of respect. Jess was technically off the show and JFP could have just shrugged.

MAB could have called her only to ask if her refrigerator was running.

• Members

I don't know entirely the history of Phelps and Francis(sounds similar to Phelps and McKinsey) but this is a direction in the right step. Genevivie was a total failure and a slap in the face to both MTS and Walton's characters. The whole concept of her being the mega bitch from hell failed epicly, as did her being the troubled leading lady. Not to mention Francis' acting was off and didn't share much chemistry with whom she was paired with on top of the horrible writing. I have much respect for her contributions to the genre as being famous for Laura, I'm just sorry it didn't work out on Y&R.

Archived