DAYS: Nelson Branco On Melissa Reeves (Jennifer) Tweet

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am just so disappointed in her. She has gay co-workers and the industry is full of gay people. One would think that you're okay with others being gay if you are friends or work with a big number of gay people. She pretty much is saying that the people she works with who are gay are disgusting sinners! What a tool.

My respect for her is completely gone. She's buried herself with that one tweet. I will never respect a person who thinks a big group of people does not deserve to be treated like humans. SHAME ON YOU, MELISSA!

• Members

I tend to think she tweeted that out of ignorance (thinking it was a "simple" debate about free speech and religion) rather than a more complex one about human rights, hate groups, etc. Still stupid, but less overtly hateful, I guess.

• Members

Oh, I'm NOT making excuses. I think she did something really stupid and responded to it horribly (by not really responding, making her Twitter private, etc.). But I also don't believe she understands the full scope of the issue -- which does not excuse it, but does sort of explain the seeming gap in judgment.

• Members

I don't understand why anyone believes Melissa cannot fully appreciate what is going on here. Melissa is a what, about 50? Completely understands the WWW and how quickly anything in cyberspace goes viral, and has been in the business for a very long time. She does not need to be seen as some young, naive person who made a mistake. This was not a mistake. This is what Melissa believes in. The only error is that she is in the wrong business to publicly share such views. Melissa has a right to not be ok with homosexuality, but she can't force that on others. If she is to remain in her particular line of work, she cannot do things like this. But again, she is not wrong because she's against homosexuality.

And before anyone willingly jumps to the conclusion that I am against homosexuality, please don't. However, I am an advocate for people being allowed to feel how they feel and believe what they believe. People who feel Melissa is wrong for being against homosexuality are no better than she is for trying to force their belief on her. Of course, as a people, we should have progressed by now, but we have not. So we will have to tolerate Melissa's "ignorance" and simply govern ourselves. I'm only responsible for me, and I'm ok with that.

So, fo rme, the real issue here is that Melissa needs to now decide what she wants to do with her life. Melissa is in the wrong business because she is in an industry that has evolved, and society is trying to get there.

• Members

:lol:

God I :wub: you! SO true. Every word of it.

I think all this speaking out in "favor" of Chick-fil-A and in "defense of free speech" is passive-aggressive, baiting, and disgusting. I'd be embarrassed to be related to or associated with anyone who is participating in it and would happily tell them so. Missy Reeves lost TONS of points with me with this comment and should have just kept her trap shut. She may be dumb, but she's smart enough to know that anything she says is associated with Jennifer and vice versa. So many of her fans think if salt of the earth Jennifer is speaking out on it, then they're just as entitled to their bigotry and hate.

To be completely honest, I'm so sick of Chick-fil-A and the amount of publicity this has given them, negative or not. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if they're mentioned in the Presidential Debates this year. In fact, I'm calling it right now that they will be.

Either way, I'm tired of people who have the right and freedom to get married speaking out in favor of keeping us that don't from being able to. I never would have thought in the 90s that such a non-issue would actually turn out to become one of the biggest issues of my lifetime years later. And this is where the system fails and is messed up- minorities can't very well be protected in a system that's run by the majority. Look at California- you don't get much more left wing than that state yet they shut down gay marriage by with 2/3 of the voters against it. Thank GOD for the judiciary branch because otherwise, gays wouldn't be able to marry anywhere.

Land of the free, home of the brave indeed.

So well-to-do, waspy, white bread Missy Reeves can speak out all she wants and high-five Elizabeth Hasselbeck at tea party functions. But she's lost a lot of respect and a lot of fans by doing so and I doubt if she has troublesome contract negotiations in the future that she's gonna get the support she would have gotten if she kept her love for chicken biscuits to herself.

Archived