The Ricki Lake Show

JackPeyton

• Members

Buwahahah... the trained seals comment totally reminds me of the Wendy Williams audience whenever she's talking about a celebrity, LOL

I'm definitely gonna check her out. I love Ricki Lake. I didn't always follow her show; I did in the early days but eventually lost interest, but I always liked her as a person. And yes, no matter how outrageous, she always presented herself in a professional manner.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Same here.

Although I also disliked her a bit from her 90s show because of how anti-male it always seemed to me. I swear the story could have been some girl who had slept around with a dozen guys was going to confess to her bf that he may not be the father of the child she was carrying, and the audience would still boo the boyfriend when he came out!

• 6 months later...
  • Members

Not surprising. Though I'm a bit sad. When I found out she was returning to daytime I was excited. I LOVED her 90s talkshow, but her new one, was nothing like it and boring. I think she tried to make it more "adult" or "Oprah like" instead of "fun trashy" like her 90s one. I think she should have stuck to what worked for her in the 90s.

• Members
lol....hence why she's cancelledI also think she's too old for that. Probably not the right word, but I think her image has matured beyond that. Her old show was a bit ghetto and controversial and I dont think that a show like that would be a good fit for her now in her 40s as it was in her 20s

Archived