Y&R: MAB OUT! Hamner OUT! JFP IN! Griffith IN! Sheffer UNKNOWN!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love Dina but I'm not sure why they would even bring her back. Ashley is gone, Traci is a rarely seen guest, Jack is completely finished as a character, and overaged Abbott brats like Abby, Chompers and Kyle are huge failures.

• Members

Does anyone else realize how awful (in total) the suggestions for fixing Y&R are in this thread?

Aside from the obvious jokes, posters have pretty much either killed off most of the cast, or replaced most of the cast. Oh, and added another dozen characters to the show.

I'm not sure what the answer is to improving Y&R, but I sure as hell hope TPTB and JFP aren't listening to the posters here for serious ideas. I'd like the future Y&R to at least resemble what I've been watching for years. Reading this thread is enough to make my head spin.

• Members

I wish I could fast forward a month from now. I want to know all the juicy details of their plan. I don't expect the Y&R any of us know or love, so I'm just hoping for explosive fireworks behind the scenes. Nobody does it quite like Y&R actors, plus with Jill Farren Phelps this could be explosive.

• Members

So her mandate is to cut or backburner many of the vets and beef up the younger set. I don't think poor Doug Davidson has a prayer of staying on contract, if not being written out altogether. Doubt Jess Walton will be asked back, except maybe for a handful of episodes just to put some closure to Jill. Doubt Peter Bergman and Granny Cooper will ever have major storyline again, though she's too old to carry major story anyway. Reikart and Hendrickson are also probably played out and probably don't hold much viewer interest at this point. I can see some of the ancillary noncontract players (Shackelford, Chapman, Cast) just disappearing without any explanation. Y&R is a brand and I don't think JFP and JG are going to make it completely unrecognizable, but there look to be major changes ahead.

Archived