Mass Murder At Dark Knight Rises Premiere

Roman

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Who knows. Apparently he had it all timed, as the gunfire went off when there was shooting during the movie. The Batman movies usually have a very dark undercurrent, he may have been drawn to that.

This is one of the reasons I don't go to movies anymore. Nothing is safe now.

• Members

R.I.P. to the victims.

That's very sad (though understandable) you feel this way. While it's true that nothing is safe, the odds of some horrendous tragedy happening to you are very slim. I don't go to movies anymore (only because I think the current crop of movies suck), but I love going to malls. I still go to malls despite the fact that there was a mass murder at a Nebraska mall in 2007. Even though another sniper could easily show up during my next mall trip, it is just a chance I have to take.

• Members

I go to stuff, but basically out in the middle of nowhere. I'm not much a movie person, and theyv'e become so overpriced. Concerts are the only major events I go to, and those are few and far between, because many of the people I like are either retired or dead.

• Members

The problem is that psychos don't care if having the gun is illegal, cause theyr'e psychos. Now, if we're talking guns that can shoot off 10-15-20 rounds in a row, then I'm all for that. For instance, my 22 rifle will shoot a maximium of 6 rounds in the clip, right after another. Nobody needs more than that.

• Members

What a terrible tragedy. Just can't go anywhere anymore thinking it's safe. However, you can't live your life in fear.

I really don't understand why children so young were at this kind of movie so late at night. I read there was even a baby just months old.

• Members

Well he'll now have his forum. The cable news media has already turned this guy into a celebrity, just like the Columbine killers, the Va. Tech. killer and all the way back to that jackass Manson. His hair was orange and he told a police officer he was The Joker. He's already getting the insanity defense going. The trial will be televised, and he will stand before the whole nation to vent his spleen on society. He will then be sentenced to multiple life sentences where he will then be interviewed every damn sweeps month about why he did what he did...this of course will be after he publishes his book.

That is why I think he did this whole thing. Hell even some reporter told what his birthday was, and now he's being called by his first, middle and last name, you know, like John Wayne Gacy.

• Members

That's why these killings happen because they get celebrity coverage and these crazy weirdos know it. I know it has to be reported but not to the extent it always is. I bet if this was just reported once with no big celeb red carpet treatment we'd have less....

Archived