Mass Murder At Dark Knight Rises Premiere

Roman

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Exactly Soap. You remember how, every time it was sweeps month, some reporter would go to where Manson was being held and interview. Usually Geraldo. And you still to this day hear about the eight people who were murdered. John Gacy, turned him into a celebrity. IA with 1,000%. The media has already turned this jackass into the next big thing. Now they will run it into the ground until late next week.

• Members

His guns were legally bought. Had this psycho killed people via tainted aspirin or poisoned food, there would immediately be measures introduced into law to make sure such a thing didn't happen again so easily. Only because it is guns is it suddenly not an issue. You have a 22 rifle that shoots 6 rounds. I honestly can't think of one thing you can do with a gun except shoot it, and since I can think of no good that can come from people shooting guns but a great potential for bad, I can't think of a single reason why you are allowed to own one. Nobody needs more than a 22 rifle I agree. Nobody needs a 22 rifle either. I feel bad for the community and the individuals. Society though is another story. After the Giffords incident not a single gun control law was passed. When society greets this incident with equal indifference and a tolerance for murderers buying guns in aisle 4 of their local convenience store or wherever one buys these things, society will only have itself to blame when it happens again.

• Members

Generally I tend to side with the idea that you can get guns illegally so gun control laws won't matter, but it really annoyed me when I read a far right Congressman claiming that this would have been resolved if people had had guns in the theater. When another far right (ex)-Congressman pointed out that Colorado has concealed carry laws, he still went on about why they didn't have guns.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/20/louie-gohmert-aurora-shootings_n_1689099.html

If anything, all kinds of guns firing in a dark theater would have been even more of a bloodbath.

• Members

You say massacres plural like there was more than one. That was a fluke, an aberration statistically. Now compare that to what goes in in the USA and how these incidents happen every few years. The bottom line is countries with strict gun control laws wind up with less people dying from guns. Countries where everyone can buy a gun wind up like the OK Corral. Or to put it another way, if that state had gun control laws and that law prevented only one person from getting a gun--this kid--then the inconvenience and trampling of this ridiculous right would be worth it because 13 people would be alive today including some innocent kids.

• Members

True, but he was a fanatic with a very specific agenda, and he was willing to go through the trouble of acquiring the things he needed to carry out that agenda.

I'm not sure that the lunatic who did the shooting at the movie theater would have been willing to do that if the U.S had had the same kind of gun control that Norway does.

Archived