GH: Is Kirsten Storms returning?

• Members

That's not the reason Maxie was destroyed. She was destroyed because there was no plausible motive for her actions as simple as that. Never mind the fact that Maxie would have never done what she did during the Summer of Sleaze in a million years prior to that point. That's why Maxie was ruined not because "she committed a bad act." But because she was so completely off kilter and it was plot written drivel to get her there, I still have no understanding of why she did what she did or what caused her sudden deviation into vixenvill. The only thing that made sense is that Guza wanted certain things in place and he needed her to make it happen. Either way the true version of Maxie, Robyn Richard's Maxie - died as soon as that happened and Kirsten Storms cum Guza's slutty version of Maxie was born.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I saw motivation. Maxie was still hurting from Jessie's death. Maxie had a crush on Lucky from her childhood and never really cared for Liz. Was it played well no but that doesn't mean the motivation didn't exist. I enjoyed Maxie scheming and aligning herself with Sam more than anything involving Maxie since then. I also thought she and lulu worked better as enemies but then I think they characterized Lulu wrong. lulu should have been the bitch, Georgie the good girl, and Maxie well whatever.

• Members

Yes. Having a crush on someone automatically gives them cause/motivation for destroying a person's marriage, becoming a homewrecker, getting a man hooked on pills because he is in pain, slutting herself up for pills, faking a pregnancy and in general making everyone's life a living hell. Let us remember this was Maxie not Heather 2.0/3.0. Point blank. Guza turned out the character of Maxie and made her completely unrecognizable for certain storyline agenda's. Since then Maxie has been completely retooled as a different character/entity on this show and it's shown since that storyline.

• Members

Losing the love of your life which is what Jessie was characterized as yes. I never saw Maxie as a home wrecker. I saw her as fractured and hurting and Lucky one of the people who reached out to her initially after Nikolas did in the aftermath and Lucky hurt as much as she did for a variety of different reasons.to each his own. I don't even like KS or Maxie. Let's be honest the charCter was not ruined because she became Luckys drug supplier and contributed to his marriage crumbling but as a result of a poor recast and pairing which completely altered the character.

• Members

We'll have to completely disagree. Maxie's characterization was assasinated. She was just another character in a long list to be destroyed for the Summer of Sleaze. They did the same thing with others.

• Members

Maxie did that, cause they changed the character to fit KS being in the role and her limited acting ability.

KS MAXIE woudl do that, but RR's would never have. tis why I dislike KS Maxie so much.

JL's Maxie feels like what RR's could somewhat have become,not perfect, flawed, but with a heart.

I dare someone to tell me KS Maxie would have confessed to save Matt, not in a gazillion years

• Members

That summer MADE Maxie a viable character. She went from an annoyince to a character with a clear purpose, motives, and didnt care about the fallout. Yet they kept her human because of her own pain, her relationships with Mac, Georgie, Robin, Spinelli. RR's Maxie was great as a child/pre-teen. But lets not act as if Maxie taking the direction she did is so unrealistic given her history. And it was not out of character, because someone that young doesnt have much of character.

And JFP is the one who took Maxie in that direction, not Guza. Of course Guza wrote it, but Jill told him to take her that way. She and KS have both spoken in the past about the change. It was needed. The show needed a bad girl character and Maxie was the perfect fit. It stemed from her going after Nikolas.

This debate of Maxie tho is odd. They took her in this direction after Robin;s death, a natural progression for the character. I highly doubt it has to do with JL given the show was unsure of when KS would return, but they knew she would be returning. If they changed the direction of story and character for temprecast, that says a lot about their management TBH.

Archived